emote referendum 1, retroactive post revision, and other important topics

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 03, 2018, 01:14:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 02:51:25 PMthe more deletions there are the less accurate the post tracking stats become, which is why i'm okay with limited deletions under certain circumstances (and would prefer editing to outright deletion) but generally against mass post purging

it's less a matter of opinion and more about mitigating the magnitude of damage to boyah's clerical functions lol

Though couldn't that possibly be solved by messing with the settings of the recycle board? As far as stats go.

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 03, 2018, 02:38:13 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 02:24:47 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 03, 2018, 01:45:13 PMDelete all of my pre 2015 posts pls thanks

Absolutely not. :|

i want to make it clear while we're at it that, for statistical and historic reasons at the very least, we (i) do not and will never endorse mass deletion of posts, again unless there is just cause for doing so

if anyone wants to engage in mass editing/deletion of old posts for reasons we don't approve of, we won't necessarily stop you but you'll have to do it yourself, one painstaking post at a time

you all know that you have the power to delete your own posts, but abuse it and you will lose it because it really does fuck; up the stats tracking
if i run for mayor u better delete my posts or i'll move to the EU before i run and then make u cucks do it via gdpr argh;

I'm already in the process of printing out hard copies and saving pdfs of all your post.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on August 03, 2018, 03:00:20 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 02:51:25 PMthe more deletions there are the less accurate the post tracking stats become, which is why i'm okay with limited deletions under certain circumstances (and would prefer editing to outright deletion) but generally against mass post purging

it's less a matter of opinion and more about mitigating the magnitude of damage to boyah's clerical functions lol

Though couldn't that possibly be solved by messing with the settings of the recycle board? As far as stats go.

that would result in posts being hidden rather than truly deleted, so afaik no unfortunately

C.Mongler

Quote from: don't let's on August 03, 2018, 03:02:16 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 03, 2018, 01:45:13 PMDelete all of my pre 2015 posts pls thanks

i want to make it clear while we're at it that, for statistical and historic reasons at the very least, we (i) do not and will never endorse mass deletion of posts, again unless there is just cause for doing so

if anyone wants to engage in mass editing/deletion of old posts for reasons we don't approve of, we won't necessarily stop you but you'll have to do it yourself, one painstaking post at a time

you all know that you have the power to delete your own posts, but abuse it and you will lose it because it really does fuck; up the stats tracking
if i run for mayor u better delete my posts or i'll move to the EU before i run and then make u cucks do it via gdpr argh;

I'm already in the process of printing out hard copies and saving pdfs of all your post.
sounds like you're gonna have quite the pickle on your hands when I gdpr your ass!!!

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 03, 2018, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: don't let's on August 03, 2018, 03:02:16 PM

nds like you're gonna have quite the pickle on your hands when I gdpr your ass!!!

But neither of us are eu

Kalahari Inkantation

once ttip is in effect we'll essentially have to comply with gdpr anyway lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_Trade_and_Investment_Partnership

...Tr*mp, please don't get in the way of this. smithicide;

Thyme

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 01:14:53 PMshould we replace all instances of O_0 with :29ok7s0:

should we replace all instances of giggle; with :69gp3o:

ew, no awdood;

still voting to remove the food filter tho

Kalahari Inkantation

personally i'm not so sure about :29ok7s0: vs. O_0, but i actually do prefer :69gp3o: to giggle; lol

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 03:37:59 PMpersonally i'm not so sure about :29ok7s0: vs. O_0, but i actually do prefer :69gp3o: to giggle; lol

There is something about that thick outline.

Kalahari Inkantation

y'all™ know i like 'em thicc

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on August 03, 2018, 03:35:12 PMstill voting to remove the food filter tho

change it to food; y/n

C.Mongler

food filter is dumb

so are all these boards, purge them

Daddy

finna show yall something brb

Daddy

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 03:02:54 PM
Quote from: don't let's on August 03, 2018, 03:00:20 PM

that would result in posts being hidden rather than truly deleted, so afaik no unfortunately

Having given this some thought, how would you guys feel about an option that modifies (as in, removes the content of) and hides (from all but mods) undesirable posts? befuddlement

that would, at the very least, resolve boyah's counting problem while satisfying the desire for certain posts to be scrubbed, and i don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible

Go Up