emote referendum 1, retroactive post revision, and other important topics

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 03, 2018, 01:14:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 03, 2018, 01:45:13 PMDelete all of my pre 2015 posts pls thanks
amending this; edit all my pre 2015 posts to say "yeet yeet *dab*", don't wanna lose my posts

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 03, 2018, 01:45:13 PMDelete all of my pre 2015 posts pls thanks

Absolutely not. :|

i want to make it clear while we're at it that, for statistical and historic reasons at the very least, we (i) do not and will never endorse mass deletion of posts, again unless there is just cause for doing so

if anyone wants to engage in mass editing/deletion of old posts for reasons we don't approve of, we won't necessarily stop you but you'll have to do it yourself, one painstaking post at a time

you all know that you have the power to delete your own posts, but abuse it and you will lose it because it really does fuck; up the stats tracking

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on August 03, 2018, 02:21:19 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 01:14:53 PMshould we replace all instances of O_0 with :29ok7s0:

should we replace all instances of giggle; with :69gp3o:
No

thank you for being the first person to finally address the original inquiry lol

don't let's

Quote from: Khadafi on August 03, 2018, 01:25:26 PMI'll go back and edit my own posts and anyone who asks then akudood;

But then you'd have to worry about quoted posts

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 02:24:47 PMbut abuse it and you will lose it

I don't agree with this.

Either allow deleting or turn off deleting for everybody.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on August 03, 2018, 02:29:21 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 02:24:47 PMbut abuse it and you will lose it

I don't agree with this.

But you are presently allowed to delete. befuddlement

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 01:14:53 PMshould we replace all instances of O_0 with :29ok7s0:

What's up with those anyway? How did they come about?

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 02:30:16 PM

I don't agree with this.

About the abuse it and lose it part

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on August 03, 2018, 02:30:26 PM

What's up with those anyway? How did they come about?

i guess they're just variants of those emotes that were never publicly seen before boyah 2.0 lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: don't let's on August 03, 2018, 02:30:55 PM

I don't agree with this.

i mean you'd have to do something p. drastic like indiscriminately delete dozens of posts in a short period of time before we might consider it "abuse", and even then we'd take a case-by-case approach lol

C.Mongler

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 02:24:47 PM

Absolutely not. :|

i want to make it clear while we're at it that, for statistical and historic reasons at the very least, we (i) do not and will never endorse mass deletion of posts, again unless there is just cause for doing so

if anyone wants to engage in mass editing/deletion of old posts for reasons we don't approve of, we won't necessarily stop you but you'll have to do it yourself, one painstaking post at a time

you all know that you have the power to delete your own posts, but abuse it and you will lose it because it really does fuck; up the stats tracking
if i run for mayor u better delete my posts or i'll move to the EU before i run and then make u cucks do it via gdpr argh;

Kalahari Inkantation

if ever anyone on boyah becomes a public figure we'll definitely take such special circumstances into consideration lol, that would almost certainly qualify as "just cause"

Kalahari Inkantation

and furthermore the new rules actually will be gdpr-compliant girl;

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 02:33:49 PM
Quote from: don't let's on August 03, 2018, 02:30:55 PM

I don't agree with this.

i mean you'd have to do something p. drastic like indiscriminately delete dozens of posts in a short period of time before we might consider it "abuse", and we'd take it on a case-by-case basis lol

But that's what I don't agree with. If deletion is allowed somebody should be able to indiscriminately delete their own posts or all of them whenever they want. Nobody should be stopped from deleting their own posts unless you're going to disallow deletion all together.  

Kalahari Inkantation

the more deletions there are the less accurate the post tracking stats become, which is why i'm okay with limited deletions under certain circumstances (and would prefer editing to outright deletion) but generally against mass post purging

it's less a matter of opinion and more about mitigating the magnitude of damage to boyah's clerical functions lol

Go Up