April 15, 2024, 10:02:33 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So whose faces will we be sculpting into Mt. Postmore anyway?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 01, 2018, 04:00:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Silverhawk79

Alright, so here's what I remember.

Back in the day (2007 or so), me and Mariofreak### started a forum called PowerSpike. It was moderately popular. It ran for maybe 6 months to a year, and eventually some other members decided they wanted to start their own forum (Boyah). Boyah became popular, PowerSpike started dying. Eventually we just merged. I was mod for a bit, but I was angry because I wanted to be admin like on PS. Riosan (an admin [I think]) figured out how to make other admin accounts, so he made one for me and I did some dumb shit. My memory on this whole thing is fuzzy, though. I can't say for sure whether or not PowerSpike (and by association myself and Mariofreak###) is directly responsible for the creation of Boyah, but I'd like to think we at least helped.

This may not be 100% accurate (it was 10 goddamn years ago), but it's the best I've got.

YPrrrr

I thought Boyah was literally just new Powerspike but idk

Silverhawk79

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 30, 2018, 02:05:47 PMI thought Boyah was literally just new Powerspike but idk
It may be. I don't remember if we merged or changed the name or what.

reeper

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 30, 2018, 02:09:55 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on September 30, 2018, 02:05:47 PMI thought Boyah was literally just new Powerspike but idk
ay be. I don't remember if we merged or changed the name or what.
d

I wanted to move towards SMF based forum so we would have more control over the features and I also wanted to rebrand the forum into one that was more renegade feeling rather than another Nsider spin off

??????

Samus Aran

Quote from: reeper on September 30, 2018, 06:43:11 PM
d

I wanted to move towards SMF based forum so we would have more control over the features and I also wanted to rebrand the forum into one that was more renegade feeling rather than another Nsider spin off

We also wanted to kick Mariofreak out of the admin team. Which we did.

And Silver was no longer involved at all by the time Powerspike became Boyah.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Samus Aran on September 30, 2018, 11:59:04 PM
d

No idea who he ever was so curious.

I've got nothing to share, but boy am I interested in a good story

Samus Aran

I don't remember many details about Mariofreak. I just remember him generally being an idiot.

don't let's

We're gonna give back mtpostmore to the native nsiders and not carve anything

reeper

Quote from: Samus Aran on September 30, 2018, 11:59:04 PM
d

Kicking Mariofreak out of the admin staff was the best thing ever.

Go Up