April 24, 2024, 06:19:21 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

huge flaws in ur favorite games

Started by Samus Aran, July 30, 2018, 10:29:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on August 01, 2018, 12:50:19 AMHow about a little...... overtime?

how about a little more time in the dumpster

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 01, 2018, 12:47:13 AMand because of her complete uselessness compared to Leon's sheer badassery

it's not even that i necessarily expect her to be useful, i mean you go in knowing she's a dead weight hostage

But she doesn't seem to have so much as a shred of respect for the fact that Leon is risking his own life to save hers, and she is nobody to him. :|

nothing but pure sass, that one

but it's a coherent personality for her and makes her memorable in a way that isn't actually bad lol

Samus Aran

yeah i agree with all of that but i don't see her as a "flaw" in any meaningful way other than her slightly annoying voice actress lol

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah i wouldn't actually call her a flaw either lol, if anything i'd say capcom nailed the irritating childish persona they were going for

TooB

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 01, 2018, 01:17:14 AMyeah i agree with all of that but i don't see her as a "flaw" in any meaningful way other than her slightly annoying voice actress lol

No disrespect allowed to Sandy Cheeks

Samus Aran

-super metroid has an infamous final save point that, if used, effectively locks you into the final part of the game because you can't leave tourian once you're that deep into it. huge oversight in a metroid game.

-metroid zero mission's final boss is both incredibly stupid and piss easy, easily the biggest letdown in anotherwise fantastic game

TooB

Bravely Defaults infamous endgame....
....which i didn't find nearly as bad as some seem to.

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

controls are a flaw in metroid prime 1 & 2 no matter which way you slice it, but in both cases only for very specific reasons.

for the gamecube controls, the real big flaw is not being able to freely look around without holding the R button. there are some specific parts of the game where this clunky aspect of aiming is detrimental to your experience, and it's just generally annoying to get hit by something or miss seeing something simply because you're not really going to attempt to look up or down when you know you have to stop and hold R to do it.

for the wii remote controls, the flaw is the way beam switching works. on the gamecube, it was as simple as flicking the c-stick to the direction indicated on the hud. but since you can't do that on a wii remote, you instead have to take an extra step, opening up a sort of quick menu and pointing the wii remote at the beam icon  you want. while it does work, it's a bit clunky and not very intuitive.

all this in mind, i think both control schemes are just fine, but obviously the wii remote is a more "fluid" experience if you're not used to old console FPS games that had single-stick controls

Samus Aran

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 01, 2018, 01:58:23 AM-this dumb shit

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2yHMd8I3o1s

hey now that's not fair, that's an entirely optional energy tank and is intended to reward skillful players

not a flaw :|

Samus Aran

in fact i think it's awesome that zero mission in particular has lots of really cool and interesting puzzles around optional upgrades

C.Mongler

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 01, 2018, 12:47:13 AMit ramps up the tension

no it doesn't

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 01, 2018, 12:47:13 AMand it's VERY forgiving anyway in this regard

yeah, cuz it's boring

it's like mom telling you you have to make your bed before playing video games. is it that much of a hassle? not really. would i rather just not? yeah.

TooB

I'd rather babysit Ashley than Sheva anyday

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on August 01, 2018, 10:35:20 AMI'd rather babysit Ashley than Sheva anyday
this

at least ashley doesn't run off on her own to get her head chainsawed off offscreen

off

Kalahari Inkantation

You guys can have Trashley. I'll take Sheva.

Go Up