April 16, 2024, 05:00:13 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Twilight Princess critique

Started by Hiro, July 30, 2018, 09:39:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

What would you rate Twilight Princess out of 5?

1 (5 or 6/10)
3 (30%)
2 (7/10)
2 (20%)
3 (8/10)
3 (30%)
4 (9/10)
1 (10%)
5 (10/10)
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

YPrrrr

I played the first dungeon and never went back to it, 4/10 hocuspocus;

Ugly, boring, slow, tedious, disliked the controls

C.Mongler

i liked it back in the day but didn't think it was like an upper-echelon gaming experience or anything. 8/10 i guess. i played it at launch when i was 15 and have not played it since so idk if i would care for it now lol

Quote from: YPrrrr on February 10, 2021, 06:05:15 PMI played the first dungeon and never went back to it, 4/10 hocuspocus;

Ugly, boring, slow, tedious, disliked the controls
this is actually my experience with skyward sword, the only zelda game i've never beaten lol

Hiro

aw dude skyward sword is underrated, 6/7 for me

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

not gonna let anyone try to rewrite history on skyward sword. that game sucks

Samus Aran

i am really not entirely sure which i prefer more between skyward sword and twilight princess tbh. probably tp buuuut idk.

either way, i think both are perfectly good games, but are still very low on the list for zelda games.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

I'm not rewriting history lol it was well-received when it came out and I personally enjoyed it twice as much as TP
it introduced stamina, running, and item upgrades, and the ground-level areas had excellent level design. there were fun dungeons and bosses too. People's main complaints are Demise (totally fair) and having to constantly calibrate the controller, which I personally didn't have to do much. Also Zelda is actually a real character in it, and the watercolor visuals look nice

C.Mongler

i mostly just find the intro to the game a complete fucking slog, which is why i've never gotten very far

i guess people say that about TP too, i dunno lol

Hiro

man TP's intro is the epitome of a slog

C.Mongler

i mean i was high on wii launch day fumes so i put up with it at the time

ill have to give it a go as a big boy and see if i hate it now

silvertone

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Hiro on February 11, 2021, 12:22:59 PMI'm not rewriting history lol it was well-received when it came out and I personally enjoyed it twice as much as TP
it introduced stamina, running, and item upgrades, and the ground-level areas had excellent level design. there were fun dungeons and bosses too. People's main complaints are Demise (totally fair) and having to constantly calibrate the controller, which I personally didn't have to do much. Also Zelda is actually a real character in it, and the watercolor visuals look nice
I disagree with I think literally all of this sorry man
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

Hiro

Quote from: Mando Pandango on February 12, 2021, 07:41:11 AM
Quote from: Hiro on February 11, 2021, 12:22:59 PMit was well-received when it came out
it introduced stamina, running, and item upgrades
People's main complaints are Demise (totally fair) and having to constantly calibrate the controller, which I personally didn't have to do much.
I disagree with I think literally all of this sorry man
you can't disagree with these  akudood;
you don't even like the art style though?

Mando Pandango

Looks like shit on the Wii man

Stamina system literally only gets in the way, a lot of the items aren't useful or memorable, the ground area is super limited even though it serves as the "overworld", dungeons are underdeveloped, bosses are shitty, no enemy variety, little reward for actually exploring what little there is off the main path, most obnoxious sidekick in series history... Also I really feel like the intro sequence might be worse than TP's

Go Up