April 18, 2024, 10:26:35 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hot take

Started by Nyerp, July 30, 2018, 06:23:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 01, 2018, 09:38:50 PM$ale$, though important, are only one metric by which to measure a platform's success :|

Is the original Xbox superior to the GameCube? Because the Xbox outsold it. goowan

Yes....

Kalahari Inkantation

Well, I guess Halo was pretty revolutionary, to be fair. srsly

bluaki

Quote from: Nyerp on August 01, 2018, 12:51:09 AMWELL at least i don't have to deal with the ps3's ui anymore
imo both the ps3 and ps4 UIs are bad for different reasons

XMB is just an awful layout for the reality that the vast majority of your content will be in one column and everything else is unpredictable about which column it's actually on. Are my account settings in Users, Settings, Network, PSN, or Friends? Are my game saves in Games or Settings? Are the Remote Play Settings in Settings, Network, or PSN? Are Trophies under Games, PSN, or Friends?

PS4's main screen is really cluttered with social junk, but in most other respects it's fine I guess. Its Quick Menu is good at least. A simpler grid arrangement (like the Library menu) would be easier to deal with as the main screen than a single row. PSN store is kinda a mess.

I haven't tried Xbone but I hear it's even worse about social junk than PS4 with ads too.
Switch has similar problems to PS4. At least its single row of icons has bigger pictures and it separates gallery/eshop from games and it lacks PS4's social junk, but it's too barebones. eShop UI is even worse than PS4's PSN Store.

TooB

every console ui sux

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on August 01, 2018, 08:59:03 AMI will take the side of the PS4 as my collection of games is probably 3 times larger

But a shameful amount of them are sports games and remasters so lol

it really does pain me to see that sony is being rewarded for being too cheap, too lazy and too greedy to bother with backwards compatibility anymore

now they can sell you all the very same games you've already played a dozen times in FullHD™ at FullPrice™, and you'll happily fork over your earnings to be screwed over, and furthermore go on to claim that a bunch of lazy ports of legacy games make the ps4's library superior akudood;

Thyme

hot take: i love remasters because they let me play games i didn't have the opportunity to play back in the days

hot fact: i don't own a single remaster of a game i've ever already owned hocuspocus;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on August 04, 2018, 08:15:20 PMhot take: i love remasters because they let me play games i didn't have the opportunity to play back in the days

well that's a completely different situation lol, in that case they may as well be new games

Quote from: Thyme on August 04, 2018, 08:15:20 PMhot fact: i don't own a single remaster of a game i've ever already owned hocuspocus;

hot fact: i'm a hypocrite because even i have a few remasters of games i'd already owned awdood;

the last of us, dark souls 2, uncharted (although that was a console bundle), oot, mm, probably others awdood;

but they still only count as members of their original platforms' libraries lol

TooB

It's not just sony doing remasters.
More of these remasters are multiplat.

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah but at least m$ft makes an earnest effort to offer backwards compatibility as an option

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

hot take. there hasn't been a good princess zelda since windwaker

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on August 05, 2018, 01:34:04 AMhot take. there hasn't been a good princess zelda since windwaker

spirit trax zelda is legitimately great and one of the (if not THE) most useful incarnations of zelda ever, and that's despite the fact that she's not even alive lol

but otherwise, agreed

zelda has just gotten more and more useless since ww, with spirit tracks being the sole exception

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on August 04, 2018, 08:15:20 PMhot take: i love remasters because they let me play games i didn't have the opportunity to play back in the days

hot fact: i don't own a single remaster of a game i've ever already owned hocuspocus;
Same. Now I can have zero guilt for skipping the Wii U too

TooB

hot take, zelda in wind waker was only cool UNTIL she actually became zelda

C.Mongler

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on August 05, 2018, 01:34:04 AMhot take. there hasn't been a good princess zelda since windwaker
take: zelda the princess has never been good or useful

if anything her existance is a blight on hyrule as a whole and everyone would be better off without her ass

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 05, 2018, 09:17:47 AM
take: zelda the princess has never been good or useful

if anything her existance is a blight on hyrule as a whole and everyone would be better off without her ass
She should just stay in disguise tbh Sheik was cool and apparently so was WW Zelda disguise

Go Up