April 17, 2024, 09:50:16 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hot take

Started by Nyerp, July 30, 2018, 06:23:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: sc2020 on July 31, 2018, 10:59:05 AMwhat about Nier 1
look, even I'LL admit that game is not a good argument for gen 7.

Still love it tho

Nyerp

automata is better in almost every way except music

7th gen btfo

silvertone

nier 1 is better because the guy is cooler and jumps higher

TooB

Quote from: sc2020 on July 31, 2018, 11:01:20 AMnier 1 is better because the guy is cooler and jumps higher
That 2nd point is literally not true, and the 1st point is not true imo

silvertone

leave your opinions at the door. 

TooB

Quote from: sc2020 on July 31, 2018, 11:04:23 AMleave your opinions at the door. 

But the 1st part of my post isn't an opinion.

Daddy

botw handles this nicely by letting you skip like 99% of the game

C.Mongler

Quote from: Samus Aran on July 30, 2018, 09:05:23 PM
Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2018, 06:42:04 PMthere are exceptions but in general I agree

this pretty much

also, persona games come to mind when i try to think of jrpgs that feel like their exorbitant lengths are (mostly) justified. like, i play a game like persona 5 and it ends up being 100 hours long, but there was no grinding, no real "padding," it was just that big of a game. and i was more than happy to keep playing for all those 100 hours.
take: I think p5 could have cut like 10-20% of its content.

there's so many cutscenes where the characters say the same god damn obvious shit for like the three hundredth time i was smashin X like crazy sometimes. GEE DO YOU THINK STEALING IS HEART IS GONNA WERK GUYZ

Also space station dungeon was shit, kill it entirely

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on July 31, 2018, 10:44:06 AMhot take the ps3 was a piece of fucking shit

if you have a good pc i can see why the ps4 has little appeal but i don't and my ps4 library is always expanding with good games. it's probably the console i've gotten the most enjoyment out of ever

name 5 good ps3 games lmao

now this actually is a pretty hot take, and it's quite surprising to hear coming from you especially lol befuddlement

Quote from: Nyerp on July 31, 2018, 10:44:06 AMhot take the ps3 was a piece of fucking shit

well as a piece of gaming hardware, there's no denying that the ps3 was a miserable over-engineered piece of garbage with embarrassingly underwhelming performance compared to the 360 (well, 360's horrible reliability issues notwithstanding lol)

But as a gaming platform in general? befuddlement

Quote from: Nyerp on July 31, 2018, 10:44:06 AMif you have a good pc i can see why the ps4 has little appeal but i don't and my ps4 library is always expanding with good games. it's probably the console i've gotten the most enjoyment out of ever

name 5 good ps3 games lmao

i mean the ps3 has the uncharted trilogy, the last of us, littlebigplanet, mgs4, god of war 3, journey (brief as it may be lol), demon's souls, and uh

uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well what does the PS4 have that's so outstanding aside from Bloodborne/Uncharted 4/Horizon/nu-God of War? akudood;

TooB

Well, it has all of those minus demons and MGS4, PLUS what you mentioned already, so....

....and Nier Automata

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah FullHD™ ports don't count akudood;

TooB

I mean, I've got plenty of examples, but I guess most wouldn't call them "must haves" or "system sellers," but they make me damn happy to own a ps4

Thyme

i love(d) both of these consoles because i actually like video games unlike you curmudgeons

Kalahari Inkantation

i mean i like the ps4 well enough too lol, but as of now the ps3's library is still better

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 31, 2018, 10:46:08 PMi mean i like the ps4 well enough too lol, but as of now the ps3's library is still better

Ehh... as of now I might disagree, but that'll take some thought.

Go Up