April 23, 2024, 02:19:06 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hot take

Started by Nyerp, July 30, 2018, 06:23:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

there is no reason for a game (or the story/campaign mode of a game) to last longer than 40 hours!

preferably 30 hours even!

all jrpg lengths should be cut in half because the gameplay is never engaging enough to stretch out the game that long!

prove me wrong (you can't)!

YPrrrr

For the most part I would agree. Trim the fat

Kalahari Inkantation

July 30, 2018, 06:36:47 PM #2 Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:50:14 PM by Magyarorszag
when half of the time spent in an rpg is miserable grindy crap that artificially inflates game length and significantly dilutes the fun, then yes, i wholeheartedly agree

all of us on boyah recently agreed that botw is an rpg, and of the probably ~200 hours i'll have put into that game by the time i'm finished with it, over 100 of them felt like a complete waste of my time

[spoiler]

also i need more nyerpian hot takes in my life RUB IT[/spoiler]

silvertone

sounds like a you problem

Hiro

there are exceptions but in general I agree

C.Mongler

man you guys really need to look up what a hot take is

C.Mongler

hot take: trump isn't a great president!

Nyerp

hot take: i love you. i fucking love you and it breaks my heart when i see you play with someone else or anyone commenting in your profile i just want to be your boyfriend and put a heart in my profile linking to your profile and have a walltext of you commenting cute things i want to play video games talk in discord all night and watch a movie together but you just seem so uninterested in me it fucking kills me and i cant take it anymore i want to remove you but i care too much about you so please i'm begging you to either love me back or remove me and NEVER contact me again it hurts so much to say this because i need you by my side but if you don't love me then i want you to leave because seeing your icon in my friendlist would kill me everyday of my pathetic life

C.Mongler

now THAT is a hot take, well done

C.Mongler

but for real, i typically loathe games that are inorganically over 40 hours long lol

Hiro

also hot take: the ps4 doesn't have that many great games and this gen as a whole was a big disappointment

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2018, 08:34:32 PMalso hot take: the ps4 doesn't have that many great games and this gen as a whole was a big disappointment
aint that hot of a take tbh

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2018, 06:42:04 PMthere are exceptions but in general I agree

this pretty much

also, persona games come to mind when i try to think of jrpgs that feel like their exorbitant lengths are (mostly) justified. like, i play a game like persona 5 and it ends up being 100 hours long, but there was no grinding, no real "padding," it was just that big of a game. and i was more than happy to keep playing for all those 100 hours.

Hiro

yeah persona is exactly what came to mind for me

TooB

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2018, 08:34:32 PMalso hot take: the ps4 doesn't have that many great games and this gen as a whole was a big disappointment

Very hot, but bad

Go Up