March 28, 2024, 11:44:35 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Do you know how to use chopsticks?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 29, 2018, 05:25:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

y
11 (78.6%)
n
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

i think i might be 2stupid4chopsticks

i've tried before but could never get the hang of it :'(

i'm such uncultured swine

YPrrrr

Yes and I don't even watch anime shame on you

Hiro

Thyme

no lol but i don't eat much asian food anyway

C.Mongler

voted yes cuz i can eat food fine with them, but i do know i don't do it 'properly'

strongbad

ME##

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 30, 2018, 06:42:44 AMvoted yes cuz i can eat food fine with them, but i do know i don't do it 'properly'
ld say this is true for me too lol

eating rice is such a chore with them tbfh

C.Mongler

i can eat rice with a stickier consistency fine, but that single grains fallin' everywhere shit is impossible lol

Samus Aran

i mean, yeah, but i'm still bound to be clumsy with them, and like others in this thread i don't really use them "properly"

Daddy

I can even eat fried rice with them

I only struggle with noodles

Mando Pandango

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 30, 2018, 06:42:44 AMvoted yes cuz i can eat food fine with them, but i do know i don't do it 'properly'
Same

I have friends from Asia and they don't even call me on it until I point it out either
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

alright well you've all convinced me that i have no excuse not to figure these exotic and perplexing tools out >.<

bluaki

yeah I can competently eat pretty much any kind of Japanese/Chinese/Korean dish with chopsticks. I don't doubt the way I hold them doesn't match the way natives do, but it works for me.

I can't even use pens the "normal" way either; I blame my lefthandedness for both. When I try using my right hand for pens or chopsticks I actually gravitate toward more-or-less the normal way to hold them but then I'm absolutely terrible at it and can't write legibly or keep a hold of my noodles. I feel like I probably could be ambidextrous if I tried but I'm just not used to using my right hand for precision tasks so I suck at it.

silvertone

i normally eat fried chicken with chopsticks

bluaki

Quote from: sc2020 on August 02, 2018, 11:08:08 PMi normally eat fried chicken with chopsticks
sometimes I feel like eating finger food like chicken tenders and chips with chopsticks would be a good idea to avoid getting my hands greasy or covered in dorito powder or whatever, but I don't do it

Go Up