March 28, 2024, 06:34:11 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Speedrunning

Started by Samus Aran, July 27, 2018, 08:49:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

It's not that one, but you do get that one also.

The one I'm referring to is the one above the big hole in the ground in that same room. The "real" way to get it is by going through the maze. But if you triple jump into a wallkick correctly you can reach it. But I'm super bad at it, it's the one star I really need to practice.

strongbad

i wish earth defense force had a speedrunning scene

it would be amazing for single segment runs

Samus Aran

Quote from: antmaster5000 on November 09, 2018, 09:05:04 PMi wish earth defense force had a speedrunning scene

yeah literally only edf 4.1 has any runs on sr.com

https://www.speedrun.com/Earth_Defense_Force_4.1_The_Shadow_of_New_Despair

and there's literally only one submitted co-op run, and two submitted solo runs

so be the change you want to see in the world, man. get to running

strongbad

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 09, 2018, 10:05:58 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on November 09, 2018, 09:05:04 PMi wish earth defense force had a speedrunning scene

yeah literally only edf 4.1 has any runs on sr.com

https://www.speedrun.com/Earth_Defense_Force_4.1_The_Shadow_of_New_Despair

and there's literally only one submitted co-op run, and two submitted solo runs

so be the change you want to see in the world, man. get to running
i would kind of hate to run it in that format especially since i never play on easy but i'm sure it would be fun

i bet i could beat those times with a couple attempts

Samus Aran

tonight while streaming, we hit 31min boys

unfortunately tho i didn't have OBS or Twitch set to record anything, just stream. so i have no proof of the run, thus i didnt submit it.

it's ok tho, i'll just do a better run and submit that

Samus Aran

making progress!

for 16 star emulator on speedrun.com, when this run is approved, it will be 822nd place. out of 1017. sooo not very good lmfao BUT i know i can do WAY better. this run had absolutely dreadful mistakes, including the absolute worst bowser fire sea attempts, and so many missed throws on bowser 3. will post video when it's ready.

Commander Fuckass

I watch GDQs and RPGLimitBreak speed run marathons thats about it

I sometimes watch ThorW when he runs Dark Souls 3

I used to watch Cirno_TV too when he speedran games.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

i'm an idiot

should've read this part of the rules earlier lmfao, now i gotta download an older version of pj64 in order to do runs and actually submit them

its ok though that 28min was kind of an embarrassing mess i'll do a better run and submit that

Samus Aran

new route incorporating "cannonless" and "talon" stars. cannonless is the star you normally use a cannon for in womp's fortress, blasting away part of a wall. you can get it without the cannon by glitching a wall grab into the edge of the star contained in said wall. talon is the star held by the bird in shifting sand land. super quick star if you nail the timing right.

i'm slowly improving.

Samus Aran

speaking of improving...just hours after the above time...

here it is, the first run where i actually feel like i didn't fuck up constantly. major room for improvement, but honestly? i'm fucking getting way better at this

like seriously more than three minutes off the other time DAMN

this one i will post the video for once it's uploaded

Nyerp

Samus Aran

November 14, 2018, 04:55:51 PM #26 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:02:56 PM by Samus Aran
Thank you Nyerp!!!

https://youtu.be/8jZhydEdzXM

Here's the video. Two major things led to this run time: a solid Bowser Fire Sea run, including a successful left upper path (long jumping across the tiny ledge), and a Bowser Sky without any mishaps.

Other things that went well: Lakitu skip, bomb clip, cannonless on first try, somehow managing talon even when a few frames too slow (that fire saved me from falling)

Mishaps: slow tower due to missing a wallkick plus accidentally falling off due to accidentally touching the tip that makes you slide, slow owl due to not climbing high enough in the tree and then an accidental ledge grab, slow penguin due to all sorts of mistakes, slow start of Bowser Dark World due to missed input making me get burned, slow pyramid due to accidentally punches instead of jump kicks and a bad triple jump, slow reds due to bad long jump aim and being too slow on the puzzle itself, missing Mips clip once, somewhat slow BLJ glitch

General things I need to work on: general movement first and foremost, but also, I need to use faster, less safe strats for Hazy Maze Cave and Bowser Sky. I went SO slow on Sky because I was so scared of falling and ruining the run. And I gotta work on my Bowser throws of course.

I can see a 22min run being very achievable very soon! Someday I will hit <20!!

Samus Aran

reeper

id watch your super metroid

Samus Aran

here's the thing though - super metroid is a really fucking hard speedrun. i would like to get back into it, but its difficulty as a speedrun game is a bit daunting and i'm having a lot of fun with mario rn

Go Up