April 19, 2024, 07:40:47 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

retro handheld emulator

Started by reeper, February 01, 2022, 10:49:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

lol i got my retroid 2+ and steam deck in the same week

needless to say i need to give my retroid more love at some point. it's p neat but yea v overshadowed by the big daddy at the moment

steam deck fucking rules though it is also fucking GIGANTIC

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 12, 2022, 05:15:42 AMlol i got my retroid 2+ and steam deck in the same week

needless to say i need to give my retroid more love at some point. it's p neat but yea v overshadowed by the big daddy at the moment

steam deck fucking rules though it is also fucking GIGANTIC
damn living like a king

if they can ever make a smaller one i'll probably be interested, even my switch feels too large

C.Mongler

i will say it is damn comfy and pretty ergonomic, tho yeah i hope its a success so they can continue to iterate on the hardware

strongbad

Yeah it also has an undisputed best library across handhelds. Switch is maybe close but it would be really nice to not have to rebuy games I already own on steam for portability

What have you been playing on it? Anything that has had performance issues?

C.Mongler

I played through all of Superhot on it; that played very well and gyro was p poggers.

I've dabbled in a lot of things. Monster Hunter Rise, Dark Souls 3, Half Life 2, Doom Eternal, all played nicely at 60fps. I even installed kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 from EGS and that ran at 60 too though required some tinkering cuz it crashed before adjusting some folder names lol. elden ring also runs p good though too demanding to get above like 40 fps.

also u can sleep mode pc games and it rules

currently putting some time into disco elysium. also runs great though has occasional minor hiccups.

i've also tried deathloop yesterday because it just got FSR 2 support (AMD's DLSS). that works really well and runs at a nice 60 fps with it enabled. that said, deathloop is the only game i've tried so far that doesn't work with the deck's sleep mode, and will hard crash upon unsleep lol

strongbad

Got my RP2+ the other day- feels pretty solid and good in my hands. My only complaint so far is that the buttons are pushy instead of clicky but I'm sure I'll get used to it

Waiting for my sd card to come but I think I have all my roms and bios setup for when I get it. A bit more setup than I was anticipating but it makes sense given the nature of emulation

Very excited for PS1 and Dreamcast emulation. Have barely touched these consoles and I think I'll have a better chance of actually getting into some of these games with fast-forward and save states lol

Go Up