March 28, 2024, 04:17:38 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hot sauce

Started by strongbad, July 25, 2018, 12:48:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on July 28, 2018, 04:16:03 PMThe more tolerant you get of spicy food, the more the actual flavor ends up cutting through the spice.
what exactly do you mean by this befuddlement
you and david seem to be acting as though spice isn't a component of flavor
hot sauces all have their own flavors and I don't see anyone here claiming to use hot sauce to add flavor to bland food, nor do I see everyone claiming hotter is better
strongbab and thyme are the only ones even claiming to put hot sauce on everything

Mando Pandango

Yeah of course they have their own flavors. And they're all spicy too.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ME##

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on July 28, 2018, 03:49:34 PM
Quote from: David on July 28, 2018, 03:46:39 PMImo it seems like everyone here is substituting flavour for spiciness
In this thread or in Arizona?
Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on July 28, 2018, 04:16:03 PMI'm gonna agree with Hiro. The more tolerant you get of spicy food, the more the actual flavor ends up cutting through the spice. So if you like spicy food, you're gonna naturally push spicier to keep that balance.
I guess that's true.  Sometimes all I can taste is the heat and this just not fun lol

Hiro

I agree with that and don't think people should just shoot for as spicy as possible to show how tough they are, but heat is a very valid component of flavor that I think is sometimes underrepresented

LCK

i despise sriracha  wariodood;

i like cholula or or pickapeppa. but neither are really hot. just really fucking tasty

Hiro

I got this sweet habanero cholula that's pretty darn good

Mando Pandango

Damn nice

I got some tostitos fuckin uh Chipotle salsa and it literally tastes like spicy ragu but I'm into it surprisingly enough

Go Up