March 28, 2024, 03:33:08 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

are you set in your ways for any meal?

Started by strongbad, July 25, 2018, 08:33:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

in other words, do you eat the same meal every day?

i've been eating the same breakfast daily for the better part of 1-2 years now. consists of:

• oatmeal (1/2 cup oats, 1cup water) with bananas, almond (or peanut) butter, raisins, craisens (or fresh berries if in season), chia seeds, flack seeds, a little unsweetened almond milk to cool
  • 2 fried eggs (over medium) w/ salt and pepper
  • black coffee- lately has been an aeropress (19g coffee/285g water) but i was doing pour overs for a long time

on days where i won't have a lot of time in the morning, i'll make overnight oats with all the same shit in my oatmeal the night before, make fried eggs, and drink the coldbrew that i make weekly

it's actually simplified my life a bit, since i know exactly what groceries to buy and have really optimized my morning breakfast ritual

Thyme

i rarely eat anything else than strawberry jam toasts for breakfast

YPrrrr

No although at work I eat those Belvita bars almost every morning just because I can't eat when I wake up or I get sick. So I have to wait until I get to work and they're one of the less offensive and affordable bars

C.Mongler

no but i would like to be. the problem is my GF is super fucking weird about eating shit and won't eat the same thing more than like once a month  awdood;

strongbad

Quote from: YPargh on July 25, 2018, 08:53:45 AMNo although at work I eat those Belvita bars almost every morning just because I can't eat when I wake up or I get sick. So I have to wait until I get to work and they're one of the less offensive and affordable bars
oh damn that is a bummer. i get cranky if i don't eat asap after waking.

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 25, 2018, 08:56:29 AMno but i would like to be. the problem is my GF is super fucking weird about eating shit and won't eat the same thing more than like once a month  awdood;
my gf is the same way
"we had tacos on monday i can't eat tacos again"

i would eat tacos every frigging night

C.Mongler

ya i make a mean ass chili that makes like 15 servings for like less than $10 and she lets me make it like

once every 3 months.

i could eat that shit every day forever

YPrrrr

Yeah that sounds like something that would come up in marriage counseling

Hiro

How do you even have the time and energy for that every day

strongbad

Quote from: Hiro on July 25, 2018, 11:21:00 AMHow do you even have the time and energy for that every day
if i make overnight oats the night before and drink coldbrew, i can wake up, eat (i'll cook my fried egg while i eat overnight oats), and get dressed and be out the door in under 30 min

i try to avoid that, though, since i like my morning ritual. you really just need to wake up like 15 min earlier. it's the most important meal of your day!!!

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 25, 2018, 11:09:20 AMya i make a mean ass chili that makes like 15 servings for like less than $10 and she lets me make it like

once every 3 months.

i could eat that shit every day forever
do you have a recipe? i've been doubling this sweet potato lentil curry recipe:
https://detoxinista.com/vegan-lentil-sweet-potato-curry/

and it covers all my lunches + more throughout the week. i wouldn't mind having other options in the mix, though

Samus Aran

i just eat whatever lol i've never had any set ways of eating

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

when i was working full time I would visit the Plaid Pantry on my morning breaks and get one of those cheese and slim jim combo packs with a Berries and Cheese Danish and one of those bullshit Yerba Mate energy Drinks

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up