March 28, 2024, 01:34:35 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Final Death of Anonymous Board

Started by Hiro, July 22, 2018, 12:09:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i mean it's not like being anonymous or not has stopped literally anyone from shitposting or trolling here in the past 5 years lol

Hiro

I like the "let user see their anonymous posts" option

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 08, 2018, 05:32:24 AMi mean it's not like being anonymous or not has stopped literally anyone from shitposting or trolling here in the past 5 years lol

there are definitely some discussions that have occurred on the anon board that would almost certainly not have taken place without that guarantee of anonymity lol

And that's a good thing™.

C.Mongler

which could still happen if given the option to allow anonymity anywhere y/n

i thought the argument against doing so was that boyagers were going to abuse that power to be le epic anon trolls when i don't think our userbase really cares enough about doing such a thing. maybe for like the first week or so but i feel like the 10 of us that use this site would get bored of the novelty pretty quickly and then only use it in situations that actually call for it.

and as always, JMV can figure who posted what if he really has to if someone uses it to be a big dick dick

FAMY2

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 08, 2018, 11:42:32 AMwhich could still happen if given the option to allow anonymity anywhere y/n

i thought the argument against doing so was that boyagers were going to abuse that power to be le epic anon trolls when i don't think our userbase really cares enough about doing such a thing. maybe for like the first week or so but i feel like the 10 of us that use this site would get bored of the novelty pretty quickly and then only use it in situations that actually call for it.

and as always, JMV can figure who posted what if he really has to if someone uses it to be a big dick dick

I doubt he would. But if it were someone being suicidal I think he would in a heartbeat.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 08, 2018, 11:42:32 AMwhich could still happen if given the option to allow anonymity anywhere y/n

personally i feel like anonposting should be contained just to minimize general forum chaos, but i suppose if there's interest in making anonposting an option everywhere then we could put it to vote

in any case i do think anonposting has some legitimate use despite its potential for abuse, and i really would like this board back lol

i think it's just a matter of getting the mod working on smf 2.1

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

lets just all share our passwords with each other and then we can log in to each others accounts and post here and we will never really know who is doing the posting

Go Up