March 28, 2024, 02:27:28 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Grapefruit

Started by YPrrrr, April 04, 2017, 01:39:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Yea or nay

Yes pls
3 (37.5%)
Fuckin gross
3 (37.5%)
Meh
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 29, 2018, 05:30:55 PM
Quote from: YPargh on July 28, 2018, 05:06:39 AM
Quote from: David on July 27, 2018, 10:59:28 PMGod should wipe out the grapefruit and give me engorged oranges the size of them so I can make an entire glass of OJ from one. #juiced
9;ve slowly come to the conclusion that oranges are overhyped and beat out by almost every single one of their relatives like clementines, tangerines, and mandarins

i think i agree for the most part, but

Quote from: YPargh on July 29, 2018, 06:22:13 AMNavel oranges may as well be grapefruits with that thick ass skin yes

those are probably the best orangesque citrus fruit, at least of the ones i've tried

• seedless
  • flavorful
  • easy to peel precisely because of the thicc rind
  • br>
    they're significantly better than mandarins/clementines/tangerines, which in turn are better than generic seeded oranges
br>it's way harder to peel a navel orange than a clementine

Plus so much rind gets leftover on the outside of each slice bleh.

Kalahari Inkantation

confession: i actually don't even bother peeling oranges or other citrus fruits at all lol

i don't see the point

i just segment them into quadrants/sixths/eights depending on the size

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 29, 2018, 05:42:05 PMconfession: i actually don't even bother peeling oranges or other citrus fruits at all lol

i don't see the point

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 29, 2018, 05:42:05 PMconfession: i actually don't even bother peeling oranges or other citrus fruits at all lol

i don't see the point

ll no wonder n_u

To eat them when you're on the go? Idk mandarins and clementines peel easily so it's pretty natural. I would agree peeling an orange is a pain in the ass and using a knife is way better.

Kalahari Inkantation

July 29, 2018, 05:55:07 PM #48 Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:58:34 PM by Magyarorszag
and citrus fruits are perhaps the worst possible fruit choice for eating "on the go" because no matter what you're going to make a huge mess, and you can't necessarily clean up effectively while on the go lol

i don't want to risk being a sticky animal all day after eating smth

eating an orange or grapefruit requires a large table, a sharp knife, a large plate/cutting board, running water, (paper) towels, soap, a silk bib and a helmet

citrus fruits in their natural form are not something i would ever even consider eating outside of the house lol

YPrrrr

I wouldn't say I've ever really been a sticky mess after having a clementine befuddlement

Oranges I could see that though

Hiro

tec have you ever had a clementine
you just eat the whole thing aside from the skin, unlike shitty oranges that are full of inedible nonsense and  are a bitch to peel, and often the juice isn't very good imo

Quote from: YPargh on July 28, 2018, 05:06:39 AMI've slowly come to the conclusion that oranges are overhyped and beat out by almost every single one of their relatives like clementines, tangerines, and mandarins
this is 100% fact

Hiro

kumquats can be p good too

strongbad

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 28, 2018, 04:08:26 PM
Quote from: YPargh on April 10, 2017, 12:37:18 PM
Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on April 10, 2017, 12:17:07 PMi'll get back to you should i ever try squirt (which i've never even heard of tbh) but i'm not putting any stock in it
#39;ve never seen Squirt???

[spoiler][/spoiler]

(you'd probably hate it tbh it's way more grapefruity than fresca)

i don't recall ever seeing this either

now i NEED to try it
shit's so good

silvertone

Quote from: famy on July 28, 2018, 04:16:43 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 27, 2018, 08:23:23 AMgrapefruit is the worst fucking thing on this earth

it only exists so god can chill up in heaven and be like "hah guys look at this shit he's REALLY eating it omg lmfao" whenever someone cracks one open
not as bad as durian but pretty close
wtf?

YPrrrr

Grapefruit pls

Although unfortunately they lead to kidney stones myface;

Go Up