3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

Thyme

this was posted on r/quebec last night

lol

[spoiler]ouisconsin[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

I like the French Wisconsin if were talking tracts of land and imperialism reichdood;

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 09, 2018, 08:53:20 PM
Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 09, 2018, 04:44:18 PM
I'm not trolling

but oh how i wish you were
well of course you do, you are a bootlicking apologist for all of america’s crimes against humanity

Quote from: FAMY2 link= topic=69773.msg1564405#msg1564405 date=1531223465
Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 09, 2018, 07:11:53 PM
Quote from: FAMY2 on July 09, 2018, 06:58:03 PM
Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 09, 2018, 06:23:51 PM
Quote from: SVT on July 09, 2018, 05:52:26 PM
aztlan now
aztlan is garbage

Quote from: SVT on July 09, 2018, 05:55:59 PM
ITT: imperialists crumble from 1 (one) bantering minority
ur rly funny my dude

He really is. Smart too. Where would you be without the USA? It's people like you who should just leave.
white woman telling me to leave the country how interesting

I'm just saying you may be taking it a little too far like you do everything. Why such hate?

The US should no longer exist, it will be the biggest step towards world peace.

please substantiate this claim
HMMM WHERE TO BEGIN
-the destruction of the native population and the theft/ruination of their land
-the preservation of slavery to build the country to what it is today
-the discrimination against and terrorizing of black people that had existed since the very beginning but refused to die out even after the abolition of slavery, because lets face it, white supremacy was what this nation was founded on and its what keeps it running
-its policing of the world so that its companies could profit at the expense of the people living in lthe global south
-directly interfering with these countries to keep in power ruthless dictators that were pro-US
-the full support of the settler ethnostate israel
-constant warmongering, directly funding death squads that the US felt strategic to its interests. countries like libya, iraq, and cambodia ruined.

and thats just the gist of it, you could find much more specific examples of the crimes of the evil empire elsewhere  n_u
:)

Andria

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 10, 2018, 06:25:33 PM
I'm not trolling

but oh how i wish you were
well of course you do, you are a bootlicking apologist for all of america’s crimes against humanity

Quote from: FAMY2 link= topic=69773.msg1564405#msg1564405 date=1531223465
aztlan now
aztlan is garbage

ur rly funny my dude

He really is. Smart too. Where would you be without the USA? It's people like you who should just leave.

I'm just saying you may be taking it a little too far like you do everything. Why such hate?

HMMM WHERE TO BEGIN
-the discrimination against and terrorizing of black people that had existed since the very beginning but refused to die out even after the abolition of slavery, because lets face it, white supremacy was what this nation was founded on and its what keeps it running
-its policing of the world so that its companies could profit at the expense of the people living in lthe global south
-directly interfering with these countries to keep in power ruthless dictators that were pro-US
-constant warmongering, directly funding death squads that the US felt strategic to its interests. countries like libya, iraq, and cambodia ruined.

and thats just the gist of it, you could find much more specific examples of the crimes of the evil empire elsewhere  n_u

I think I'm in love with you

Kalahari Inkantation

oh my, how revealing

thank you for providing me with a list of historical facts of which i was previously completely unaware, one has to wonder how i missed those

lol, no

you will certainly not find me defending a single one of the well-known atrocities on your list, but if you seriously believe that america's history makes it more "evil" than nazi germany, or imperial japan, or russia/the soviet union, or the british empire, or the dutch empire, or the spanish empire, or the french empire, or the belgian empire, or the mongol empire (etc.), i have no idea what to say to you other than please examine your extreme selection biases and familiarize yourself with the history of atrocities committed by nations other than the us

in any case, i will offer some counterpoints:

nobody denies that the foundations of the us were built upon the mass graves of natives and slaves that the earliest americans themselves put to death, but these events are, for the most part, over a century in the past

how do you propose present-day americans (many if not most of whose ancestors arrived after slavery and the elimination of the natives had largely ended) atone for the sins of these villainous early americans

do you hold today's germans accountable for the sins of their grandparents

do you hold today's mongols accountable for the sins of their great-great-(etc.) grandparents

good job on completely ignoring the fact that contemporary america is a much, much more livable place for nonwhite americans than it was even 50 years ago, that's a totally honest argument you're making

obviously discrimination remains a great problem that we must continue to address (again, feel free to propose solutions as opposed to being some smug defeatist), but you are being bewilderingly disingenuous by effortlessly dismissing the massive progress that has already been made

yes, this has basically never worked out well for anyone, but i don't think you'll find too many present-day americans in defense of warmongering

things like our continuous meddling in the middle east/north africa, and the history of meddling in south america, and all the absurd escapades in the name of anti-communism that continue to haunt us to this day, etc. are all extremely unpopular and generally recognized as mistakes, at least among average american citizens

i mean even trumpists hate the bush family

and how do you propose we resolve this

the inflection point at 1950 is pretty much the direct result of globalism, an ideology first championed and popularized by the us

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_Conference

obviously there has been significant collateral damage, and obviously that doesn't excuse the third-world (and second-world, and first-world) exploitation that continues to be practiced by the likes of nestle, monsanto, oodles of energy companies (etc.), but the world, including the global south, is an objectively better place thanks to globalization, and even """communist""" china agrees

neoliberalism is an imperfect ideology, but its benefits for global life quality exceedingly outweigh its costs

it has lifted literally billions out of abject poverty

the world has unarguably become much richer, much safer, much more peaceful and stable than it has ever been in the decades since america skyrocketed to the top after wwii, and no other hegemon in human history has ever enabled, or allowed for, or even so much as desired, such a universal uplifting of peoples (the european empires for example would have simply stolen all that newly created wealth long ago)

that is certainly not to say that there have not been great mistakes made along the way, but you know, you are free to eschew the great benefits of globalism and pax americana and go live in the wilderness if you want

>some idiot nobody's tw@ account of cherrypickings as further evidence for your misguided argument

jesus, it's no wonder you are so far gone

if i were to list every SINGLE injustice ever carried out in the name of france or the soviet union or the uk, of course anyone would think they're the most evil civilizations ever to have roamed the earth

anyway, tossing a bulleted list of well-known and well-acknowledged historical facts at me doesn't actually address my original inquiry:

Quote from: Andria on July 10, 2018, 06:27:16 PM

Not you too, Echo. myface;

Well, you're free to counter my above arguments too. girl;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 08, 2018, 08:53:17 PM
also, in case it wasn't clear, what i mean by "from pole to freezing pole" is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/51st_state#Poland

xiapproves;
Tadeusz Kościuszko seems to follow me around. There are a pair of bridges in my hometown named after him, and here in Boston there's a statue of him in the public garden. I know nothing about him.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

FAMY2

aztlan now
aztlan is garbage

ur rly funny my dude

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. You were the one bringing up color and race.  Pointing out Tec was not white like it was a bad thing. It isn't.  All I was saying is any person of any race or color who wants to blow up any country has lost all respect for it's citizens.

Travis

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 10, 2018, 10:32:09 PM
oh my, how revealing

thank you for providing me with a list of historical facts of which i was previously completely unaware, one has to wonder how i missed those

lol, no

you will certainly not find me defending a single one of the well-known atrocities on your list, but if you seriously believe that america's history makes it more "evil" than nazi germany, or imperial japan, or russia/the soviet union, or the british empire, or the dutch empire, or the spanish empire, or the french empire, or the belgian empire, or the mongol empire (etc.), i have no idea what to say to you other than please examine your extreme selection biases and familiarize yourself with the history of atrocities committed by nations other than the us

in any case, i will offer some counterpoints:

nobody denies that the foundations of the us were built upon the mass graves of natives and slaves that the earliest americans themselves put to death, but these events are, for the most part, over a century in the past

how do you propose present-day americans (many if not most of whose ancestors arrived after slavery and the elimination of the natives had largely ended) atone for the sins of these villainous early americans

do you hold today's germans accountable for the sins of their grandparents

do you hold today's mongols accountable for the sins of their great-great-(etc.) grandparents

good job on completely ignoring the fact that contemporary america is a much, much more livable place for nonwhite americans than it was even 50 years ago, that's a totally honest argument you're making

obviously discrimination remains a great problem that we must continue to address (again, feel free to propose solutions as opposed to being some smug defeatist), but you are being bewilderingly disingenuous by effortlessly dismissing the massive progress that has already been made

yes, this has basically never worked out well for anyone, but i don't think you'll find too many present-day americans in defense of warmongering

things like our continuous meddling in the middle east/north africa, and the history of meddling in south america, and all the absurd escapades in the name of anti-communism that continue to haunt us to this day, etc. are all extremely unpopular and generally recognized as mistakes, at least among average american citizens

i mean even trumpists hate the bush family

and how do you propose we resolve this

the inflection point at 1950 is pretty much the direct result of globalism, an ideology first championed and popularized by the us

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_Conference

obviously there has been significant collateral damage, and obviously that doesn't excuse the third-world (and second-world, and first-world) exploitation that continues to be practiced by the likes of nestle, monsanto, oodles of energy companies (etc.), but the world, including the global south, is an objectively better place thanks to globalization, and even """communist""" china agrees

neoliberalism is an imperfect ideology, but its benefits for global life quality exceedingly outweigh its costs

it has lifted literally billions out of abject poverty

the world has unarguably become much richer, much safer, much more peaceful and stable than it has ever been in the decades since america skyrocketed to the top after wwii, and no other hegemon in human history has ever enabled, or allowed for, or even so much as desired, such a universal uplifting of peoples (the european empires for example would have simply stolen all that newly created wealth long ago)

that is certainly not to say that there have not been great mistakes made along the way, but you know, you are free to eschew the great benefits of globalism and pax americana and go live in the wilderness if you want

>some idiot nobody's tw@ account of cherrypickings as further evidence for your misguided argument

jesus, it's no wonder you are so far gone

if i were to list every SINGLE injustice ever carried out in the name of france or the soviet union or the uk, of course anyone would think they're the most evil civilizations ever to have roamed the earth

anyway, tossing a bulleted list of well-known and well-acknowledged historical facts at me doesn't actually address my original inquiry:

Quote from: Andria on July 10, 2018, 06:27:16 PM

Not you too, Echo. myface;

Well, you're free to counter my above arguments too. girl;
thank you

Ezloﺕ

im not going to seriously debate someone who actually made the argument of “oh it happened a while ago” even though the country still literally exists today and native people are still here like lol how unbelievably scummy do you have to be

also youre deep on that american neoliberal kool-aid so youre far gone for any sense to be talked into you, you talk about progress yet america is still the biggest purveyor of violence in the world. just because countries around the world have made improvements in quality of life does not mean that they should be satisfied

tl;dr go fuck yourself ameridrone

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 09:04:37 AM
im not going to seriously debate someone who actually made the argument of “oh it happened a while ago” even though the country still literally exists today and native people are still here like lol how unbelievably scummy do you have to be

so, in other words, the us is cursed with an original sin for which it can't atone in your eyes

but once again i ask what makes america's original sin so much more heinous than the sins of these nations:

nazi germany, or imperial japan, or russia/the soviet union, or the british empire, or the dutch empire, or the spanish empire, or the french empire, or the belgian empire, or the mongol empire (etc.)

you're just not being honest if you think the us is more "evil" than any of those, lol

and, once again, feel free to propose solutions rather than just listing grievances

also youre deep on that american neoliberal kool-aid

I bet you can't name a better Kool-Aid flavor. bassir;

It's certainly tastier and more nutritious than the Smug Defeatism flavor. srsly

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 09:04:37 AMyou talk about progress yet america is still the biggest purveyor of violence in the world.

You realize that violence and progress are not mutually exclusive, right? befuddlement

You realize that the amount of world progress >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the amount of violence in the world thanks to neoliberalism and pax americana, right? befuddlement

You realize I have never once defended US warmongering, right? befuddlement

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 09:04:37 AMjust because countries around the world have made improvements in quality of life does not mean that they should be satisfied

'just because the world is objectively a better place doesn't mean it couldn't be even BETTER'

Well, sure, I agree. When did I ever suggest that the rest of the world should be happy where it currently is and should stop advancing? befuddlement

im not going to seriously debate

You speak in nothing but angst and hyperbole. You were never debating seriously to begin with. srs

and you continue to fail to address my original inquiry:

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on July 10, 2018, 03:48:35 PM
this was posted on r/quebec last night

lol

[spoiler]ouisconsin[/spoiler]

jesus, why would you take all the flyover territory and specifically leave out almost every one of america's richest and most powerful cities myface;

if you're going to take all of that, you may as well take the entirety of the east coast too

and you can't not take the southwest, america worked hard for that region, and ca and texas are like the two most important states lol

Anyone who wants to annex any part of the US must either take the entire country in one piece, or none of it. Final offer. scarecrowdood;

don't let's

I thought the natives migrated over on some land bridge or something

Ezloﺕ

none of those countries were founded on stealing land and decimating the original population. all of those were evil as shit too, but thats completely irrelevant anyway because it doesnt change what the US has done. also i already said to abolish the US and to return the land and sovereignty to the indigenous population. i also already told you how the US is constantly involved in wars and foreign intervention to keep up its own goals. you are the one brushing this aside and using “whataboutism”, conveniently ignoring that all of those other empires are nowhere near as relevant and powerful as the US currently is. but again, you are a bootlicking apologist so it doesnt surprise me

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 12, 2018, 11:23:29 AM
nazi germany, or imperial japan, or russia/the soviet union, or the british empire, or the dutch empire, or the spanish empire, or the french empire, or the belgian empire, or the mongol empire (etc.)

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PM
none of those countries were founded on stealing land and decimating the original population.

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PMall of those were evil as shit too, but thats completely irrelevant anyway because it doesnt change what the US has done.

okay

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PMalso i already said to abolish the US and to return the land and sovereignty to the indigenous population.

Why haven't you donated your own home to the indigenous population? befuddlement

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PMi also already told you how the US is constantly involved in wars and foreign intervention to keep up its own goals.

I'm well aware. Again, I have never endorsed this. befuddlement

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PMyou are the one brushing this aside and using “whataboutism”,

You originally claimed that the US is the most "evil" empire ever to have existed. Asking for clarification on how the US could possibly be the most "evil" when the likes of:

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 12, 2018, 11:23:29 AM

once existed is not whataboutism. psyduck;

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PMall of those other empires are nowhere near as relevant and powerful as the US currently is.

And that's a good thing. srsly

Go Up