may as well take all of mexico at this point tbh
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

In an ideal world. :'(

and yes i want yucatan too god mannit

Kalahari Inkantation

btw, here's the usa as james polk would have wanted it, and note that it does include the southern tip of vancouver island:

so i think he'd be quite pleased with my plans happydood;

heck, i could very well claim even more of mexico lol

ME##

The United States should be in control of the following

Anglo Canada (Québec gets everything east of its territory)
Cuba
Panama
Iceland
Japan
Philippines
Micronesia
All of Samoa
Israel
The moon
Mars
Germany
Korea

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 04, 2018, 08:19:31 AM
You're even more ambitious than I am. sillydood;
american exceptionalism needs to be exported.  esp to ungrateful places who don’t appreciate the USofATM for giving them their freedom coughkoreacough

YPrrrr

US took the land it did after the Mexican American war to open the way to the Pacific. It provided a nice contiguous landmass for this purpose in which there was a very sparse population of Mexican citizens.

The reason the US largely ignored territories to the south was because the Mexican and native populations were higher which would have created non-white majority territories. Which obviously no one was really thrilled about at the time. Not to mention these populations would naturally be hostile towards any occupying forces or displacement.

Baja California at the time was also viewed as a resourceless piece of mountainous arid land unsuitable for farming. There was a higher number of natives in this area which fought especially hard because one of the US commanders refused to accept native surrender and would execute any captives.

So it wasn't really worth the extra effort to the US government to militarily dominate Baja California when their main objectives had already been achieved.

Kalahari Inkantation

And yet we ended up taking in a huge proportion of the Mexican population anyway. goowan

But with not so much as one square inch of land as compensation.

according to wikipedia, 24% of the world's mexicans live in the usa

Therefore, I think it's only fair that we annex another 24% of Mexico's territory. Exactly as Polk would have wanted. :3

Kalahari Inkantation

for when the uk inevitably implodes as a direct consequence of the brexxxit blunder:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The United Republic of Great Ireland and Northern Britain

and

The English Kingdom

n_n

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 04, 2018, 07:03:49 PM
And yet we ended up taking in a huge proportion of the Mexican population anyway. goowan

But with not so much as one square inch of land as compensation.

according to wikipedia, 24% of the world's mexicans live in the usa

Therefore, I think it's only fair that we annex another 24% of Mexico's territory. Exactly as Polk would have wanted. :3
Well our nation sure loves to complain about that fact goowan

And that's what you get when you try to compete with Catholic birthrates spam; Suck it protestants

FAMY2

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 04, 2018, 07:51:21 AM
btw, here's the usa as james polk would have wanted it, and note that it does include the southern tip of vancouver island:

so i think he'd be quite pleased with my plans happydood;

heck, i could very well claim even more of mexico lol

This makes sense to me.

Kalahari Inkantation

I'm glad at least someone agrees. I think we'd handle Mexico better than Mexico handles Mexico.

not that that would be difficult at all judging by the condition the place is in today, lol

FAMY2

Tec what do you think the new President will be like? I get the feeling he doesn't agree with Trump at all.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: FAMY2 on July 08, 2018, 04:53:13 PMI get the feeling he doesn't agree with Trump at all.

not that that's saying much, lol

i couldn't blame any (especially mexican) politicians for hating tr*mp

but i can blame them for failing to acknowledge that their '''leadership''' has resulted in the near total failure of a territory with such great potential, and that things would be better for all if they just ceded all of mexico to us :'(

i can't say i know too much about this new guy, but things like this:

https://wtop.com/latin-america/2018/07/mexican-president-elect-wants-every-kid-to-go-to-college/

make me think he might be a bit of a populist himself, lol

1. mexico's education standards are complete crap and perhaps he should focus on improving the effectiveness of its primary and secondary education facilities first

2. sending absolutely everyone to college would just turn college into the new high school and delay entry into the labor force for those who truly don't want/need tertiary education, lol

Ezloﺕ

:)

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up