A comprehensive list of things that Breath of the Wild does well:

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 23, 2018, 11:48:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

I still see plenty, and PLENTY of people claiming it to be the best zelda ever.

Thyme

TooB

Thyme

also not to be that guy but i'm totes gonna be that guy

i don't think that's how you use the word blasé

the person is blasé, not the thing the person is tired of

you're blasé about botw's praise

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on June 29, 2018, 09:42:37 AM
i found the earth-shattering hype and praise for months and months after botw's release to be pretty blasé personally so i'm glad people are actually critiquing the game now instead of deifying it as a revolutionary masterpiece and ignoring any of its flaws

qf ABSOLUTE t

even if a significant proportion of it is just insincere bandwagoning, at least it's now at all possible to openly acknowledge botw's most inexcusably awful faults without being immediately dismissed

Quote from: Big Goop on June 29, 2018, 09:53:27 AM
I still see plenty, and PLENTY of people claiming it to be the best zelda ever.

and anyone who seriously thinks this is either utterly delusional:

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,65522.msg1457932.html#msg1457932

or has simply never played a significant non-nintendo game

Honestly, Skyrim should be the gaming equivalent of required reading worldwide. srsly

anyone who hasn't played skyrim is simply not qualified to speak about modern zelda games

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 29, 2018, 06:50:07 AM
lol visit my favorite video game forum

but i already visit boyah every day happydood;

if you really think there's not a stan-paradise for sonygames out there

but i don't think this at all, nor have i ever so much as suggested that i do lol

yes, sony's games are the perfect nu-male fodder for the likes of sonygaffe and nu-sonygaffe

but speaking as a self-aware nu-male myself, sony's last of us sims are still good

are you SERIOUSLY telling me that botw's 97 metascore reflects your own personal feelings on botw more accurately than tlou's 95 metascore reflects your feelings on tlou, lol

Because then you'd just be flat-out wrong. srsly

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 27, 2018, 06:57:30 PM
whereas nobody's afraid of being critical of sony games lol, at least certainly not nearly to that extent

because this is literally not true on the internet's biggest gaming forum.

also i actually have no idea what forum you're talking about here lol (although i sure hope it's boyah giggle;)

ign is probably the largest traditional gaming forum with nearly 1.3 million users, and gamefaqs is also larger than neogaffe if that's what you mean

and in any case, "the internet's biggest gaming forum", even if heavily biased towards $ony, in no way represents the majority opinion on $ony games

it might not even represent the plurality opinion, because there are so many other large gaming communities out there that don't have the same degree of pro-sony bias, or any pro-sony bias at all

i only bring this up because i find the dichotomy to be silly and the notion that sonygames are far more micro-examined and criticized than zoldo/nintendogames is a laughable premise at best. they really aren't.

except they really, really are

again, i'm not arguing that $ony games aren't overrated, but they're never nearly as overrated as the zelda series is

Do you honestly believe that Phantom Hourglass is just as deserving of its 90, and BotW as deserving of its 97, as God of My Wife's Son is deserving of its 94? befuddlement

they are all overrated, but god of war probably actually does deserve around a 90, whereas ph belongs in the mid-70s at best, and botw belongs in the low 80s at best

the degree to which zeldas are overrated is simply on another level

but probably because this is like the 6th 'BOTW IS OVERRATED, WHO'S WITH ME' thread making the exact same 6 points i've read on the internet in the past 2-weeks and i find this all very blasé at this point

stop grouping me in with the bandwagoners madood;

there may be several like it, but this one is mine, and every word of it is both factual and sincere n_n

anyway who else thinks mario odyssey is dog shit???

b&

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

Sadly, you'll be waiting a while for that hot take. goowan

i do fully expect to enjoy it significantly more than i "enjoy" botw, at the very least

i don't expected it to end up within my top 3 moiros, though

Kalahari Inkantation

alright boyos

[spoiler=defend THIS]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOR_6QBkBGs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGo4Ift-FWE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sE2voctJuk[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrOYDPMw12I[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5r4i5SvrCI[/youtube]
[/spoiler]

and all the other completely worthless repetitive little cutscenes that nintendo for some reason assumes you're happy to sit through for the millionth time you painstakingly cook a meal, one single dish at a time, or upgrade armor, one single item at a time, or expand your inventory, one single space at a time, or increase your hearts/stamina, one single unit at a time

yes, they're all skippable, but i shouldn't even have to skip them considering that they add exactly nothing new to the experience after you've seen them once, and forcing me to angrily pummel whatever button it is to skip them every subsequent time is a complete waste of my time

god if i have to hear that useless zelda interrupt me to whine about a blood moon one more time

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 05, 2018, 07:29:20 PM

i do fully expect to enjoy it significantly more than i "enjoy" botw, at the very least

It is best moiroz

Because I actually wanted to finish it and do all the stuff.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on July 10, 2018, 10:08:01 AM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 05, 2018, 07:29:20 PM

It is best moiroz

Because I actually wanted to finish it and do all the stuff.

And you didn't feel that way about either of the Galaxy games? befuddlement

don't let's

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 08, 2018, 11:14:55 AM
forcing me to angrily pummel whatever button it is to skip them every subsequent time is a complete waste of my time

tec do you have anger problems

Go Up