A comprehensive list of things that Breath of the Wild does well:

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 23, 2018, 11:48:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

well then play it and join in on bashing it to smithereens with me nyandood;

who knows you might end up loving it since everyone else seems to think it's the greatest thing since oot

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

Commander Fuckass

it does well at being a bad Zelda game

also
>no heart pieces

what the living fuck Nintendo
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Heart pieces are still essentially there.
They're just not hearts, but they act the same; collect 4, get your upgrade

Samus Aran

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 24, 2018, 11:00:29 AM
well then play it and join in on bashing it to smithereens with me nyandood;

who knows you might end up loving it since everyone else seems to think it's the greatest thing since oot

i love this game and i still know full well it's very flawed and that anyone who thinks it's the "best thing since oot" is just a nintendrone

it actually really bugs me that breath of the wild was such a big deal when honestly i think mario odyssey was a more important and better game

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on June 24, 2018, 08:38:04 PM
it actually really bugs me that breath of the wild was such a big deal when honestly i think mario odyssey was a more important and better game

i agree and i haven't even played odyssey

mainline mario>zelda has been the norm ever since galaxy came out over 10 years ago

TooB

It's pretty much because Zelda at least changed the formula, for better or for worse, so for nintys, it was "revolutionary"

Odyssey was pretty much a refinement of the mario formula, but did it so damn well.

don't let's

FAMY2

Quote from: Big Goop on June 24, 2018, 08:53:15 PM
It's pretty much because Zelda at least changed the formula, for better or for worse, so for nintys, it was "revolutionary"

Odyssey was pretty much a refinement of the mario formula, but did it so damn well.

I agree with this. Mario has only gotten better.

I think they strayed to far with Zelda and Link. It seems more like a chore then an adventure.

Tec, no one can bash a game better than you. lmao

Kalahari Inkantation

ræ i do implore you to play this game as it would be a great shame for you to miss out on a zelda you might end up loving like most everyone else does (for whatever reason)

and even if you do end up having a long list of grievances like i do, i certainly wouldn't mind having some assistance in bashing nyandood;

as you can see, i'm quite outnumbered here lol

also again even as much as i may complain about it, i do still like it and i'm still going for 100% completion lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on June 23, 2018, 07:12:23 PM
but real talk?

i agree with the late game monsters being spongey awdood;

i mostly avoid them lmao

actually come to think of it, i've mostly avoided combat the whole game lmao, so there's a chance this may influence my opinion on the game

The game itself inadvertently teaches you from very early on that it's often completely pointless to engage with enemies at all. Your reward for destroying your weapon in combat might be... an inferior weapon and some almost worthless loot. psyduck;

TooB

I'm bashing it too lol.

I think I was the original basher here

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 25, 2018, 12:34:09 PM
Quote from: Thyme on June 23, 2018, 07:12:23 PM
but real talk?

i agree with the late game monsters being spongey awdood;

i mostly avoid them lmao

actually come to think of it, i've mostly avoided combat the whole game lmao, so there's a chance this may influence my opinion on the game

The game itself inadvertently teaches you from very early on that it's often completely pointless to engage with enemies at all. Your reward for destroying your weapon in combat might be... an inferior weapon and some almost worthless loot. psyduck;
breakable weapons being so prevalent was one of the stupidest mistakes even though I haven't played the game yet.

Even elder scrolls got rid of that when skyrim came along. (Though that was okay in elder scrolls)

Kalahari Inkantation

well you're completely correct about it being one of the stupidest mistakes even though you haven't played the game yet (i do hope you will)

the game actually disincentivizes combat, the very core mechanic of the zelda games since the series' inception psyduck;

And Zelda fancucks claim this is a better combat system than Skyrim's? goonish

Go Up