A comprehensive list of things that Breath of the Wild does well:

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 23, 2018, 11:48:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

You gave my much-needed thread of hot takes and unique perspectives a D- and falsely accused me of being a poser. Take it like a man. :|

C.Mongler

they aren't hot takes when they are the same takes 80% of the internet has presented already. they are mild bbq takes at best.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 30, 2018, 07:02:22 AMthey aren't hot takes when they are the same takes 80% of the internet has presented already. they are mild bbq takes at best.

And once again, the only reason I'm late to this BBQ party is because I didn't start playing this game until a full pregnancy after everyone else had. :|

i don't give a sh@ that some other nu-male might have expressed similar thoughts elsewhere earlier, lol

C.Mongler

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 30, 2018, 07:07:51 AMi don't give a sh@ that some other nu-male might have expressed similar thoughts elsewhere earlier, lol

that's your prerogative, i just call normies when i see em

YPrrrr

Nintendo really fucked this one up by not having the balls to have Link go through with his fish marriage.

The bringing of real world stigma into the game totally killed all sense of immersion for me

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiro on July 28, 2018, 07:32:14 PMthe general consensus has already swung around to calling it mediocre for a while.

also this is completely false and you know it lol

Quote from: Hiro on July 28, 2018, 07:32:14 PM"shallow derivative slop" certainly sounds like you're calling it bad  goodjob;

I called it "shallow" because it's shallow. 5thgrade;

If Skyrim is a puddle, then BotW is a glass of spilled milk on a perfectly flat countertop that Zelda herself knocked over and started crying about. srs

i called it "derivative" because it does almost nothing new (though that in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, a game doesn't have to be revolutionary to be great)

and i called it "slop" because many of its implementations of old, mature ideas are inexcusably sloppy, and basically none of them are executed well, hence the title (and that's the bad thing)

botw is disappointing and drab, but i've never called the game as a whole "bad" and i still wouldn't

despite my many grievances i would still say it's worth forcing oneself through to the end, if only to get a complete understanding of just how many problems it has and brace for the direction that nu-zelda will be taking from now on

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

Well it's at least the best console Zelda since WW amirite

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

TooB

Quote from: YPargh on July 30, 2018, 10:00:11 AMWhat is it cool to like TP again?

Game was boringggggg
e it's a great game.

Better than OoT

Don't @ me

YPrrrr

TooB

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Hiro

Quote from: YPargh on July 30, 2018, 10:00:11 AMWhat is it cool to like TP again?

Game was boringggggg
some reason, yeah
it will forever be bottom-tier zelda to me

Go Up