March 28, 2024, 01:55:27 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how2gain/maintain ~15lb

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 19, 2018, 09:00:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

I was recently advised to try to gain ~10-15lbs, because to be ~145lb at 6'1" is a little on the featherweight side. In fact, I was told I could comfortably get to as much as 170, but I personally think that sounds a little excessive. myface;

well, unless all that additional weight were muscle baddood;

i think i could be comfortable at ~160 tho

The only problem is I have simply never weighed more than ~148 in my life. I have started consuming whole milk and more dairy in general, but it doesn't seem to have made much of an impact. I'm not sure what else I can do without adding needless amounts of sugar or oil to my diet, or outright force-feeding.

So how do I go about this in a healthy, sustainable manner? befuddlement

silvertone

YPrrrr

Healthy? I dunno.

Eat a lot of pizza bro

Joice

eat more protein (chicken, beef, pork, fish, etc) and lift heavy if you want

eat like 1000 cals more than what your body burns in a day.

C.Mongler

Eat chicken wings for every meal

silvertone

YPrrrr

Internet says to load up on lean meats, beans, cheese, eggs, avocados...

So basically burritos

Mando Pandango

When do you eat? Do you go long stretches of the day without eating? If so, that's the problem. Eat balanced meals more regularly and you'll start to gain weight. Eat fattier things to make it happen more quickly.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

lots of protein and carbs
also try doing some workouts

Kalahari Inkantation

rofl i've gained maybe 2lbs since i made this thread >.<

Quote from: YPrrrr on July 06, 2018, 04:54:15 PMHealthy? I dunno.

Eat a lot of pizza bro

i like pizza and all but i wouldn't want to eat it any more than once a week max lol

it seems like the consensus is basically just to gorge on carbs and protein, but i think my problems are

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on July 12, 2018, 05:09:13 PMDo you go long stretches of the day without eating?

developing some sort of a meal routine so that this doesn't happen

Quote from: Hiro on July 20, 2018, 11:39:32 PMalso try doing some workouts

having the discipline to regularly get my fat arse on a bike, and

Quote from: Joice on July 07, 2018, 05:11:49 PMeat like 1000 cals more than what your body burns in a day.

making a conscious effort to ignore the satiation signal and force-feed myself past it smithicide;

i also find that i eat extremely slowly (probably because i'm distracted by the display that's typically in front of me) and i bet that doesn't help lol

Kalahari Inkantation

i actually did buy 1lb of bacon probably a month ago by now and i've still only gotten through half of it lol

it's probably best i toss it at this point, i can't imagine refrigerated bacon could last as much as a month smth;

reeper

I have this same problem... I once gained 20lbs from 130 to 150, at 6ft tall. I've lost about 5 since I don't focus on keeping or gaining weight.

I did it by eating a full meal, especially at dinner. Then after dinner I'd eat so much fucking ice cream. Ben and Jerry's mmmmmmm.

Basically just eat hella calories.

Kalahari Inkantation

oh god wth i'm really getting fat all of a sudden

i'm now steady at ~160lb, which is the heaviest i've ever been and ~12lb higher than my previous baseline

it's partly because i did casually push myself to eat more and worry less about the fat/carb/caloric content of my food choices, partly because i spent several weeks largely immobilized following knee surgery and thus burned calories at a lower than normal rate, and partly thanks to literally thousands of calories of cheese

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Magyarorszag on October 20, 2018, 10:05:49 AMoh god wth i'm really getting fat all of a sudden

i'm now steady at ~160lb, which is the heaviest i've ever been and ~12lb higher than my previous baseline

it's partly because i did casually push myself to eat more and worry less about the fat/carb/caloric content of my food choices, partly because i spent several weeks largely immobilized following knee surgery and thus burned calories at a lower than normal rate, and partly thanks to literally thousands of calories of cheese
#39;t that what the doctor wanted tho
also christ I wish I weighed 160

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 27, 2018, 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on October 20, 2018, 10:05:49 AMoh god wth i'm really getting fat all of a sudden

isn't that what the doctor wanted tho
also christ I wish I weighed 160

it is but i'm surprised by how effortless it was to gain so much so quickly, basically all i did was ignore my basic food inhibitions lol

now i have a better understanding of how easy it is to get fat

and now it's time to hit the tricycle

Go Up