2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

• driver's licensure

• the damn tax code

• public education standards

• presidential election standards goonish

i mean i feel like federal elections in general should be handled by the feds (particularly senatorial), but especially the presidential election which is the one and only nationwide federal election, and the single most important in the country lol awdood;

Mando Pandango

ranked choice elections while we're at it please thanks

Maine's doing it
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ME##

Fuck national driver licenses.  Next you’ll want EU-style plastic number plates with the NAFTA logo and EE.UU on them
Sounds like a good way to get a wildly changing tax structure every 4-8 years
Honestly I don’t know how the Feds could fuck education any more than the states so why not

If anything Senatorial elections so go back to being the pervue of state legislature, the house should be expanded so states are more accurately represented and gerrymandering is quelled at least for a little while :|

Daddy

silvertone

here is some thing . : stoned ape theory. i believe not 50 governments shouldnt handle that just one of them but not fed

wawi

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on June 16, 2018, 09:43:07 PM
Fuck national driver licenses.

i don't see the harm

the states could still keep their unique plate designs, it would just mean that a license granted in new york would be permanently valid in montana would be permanently valid in tennessee would be permanently valid in oregon would be permanently valid in texas (and so on)

number plates with the NAFTA logo

stop, i can only get so erect :'(

Sounds like a good way to get a wildly changing tax structure every 4-8 years

couldn't be any worse than the current system myface;

Do we really need FIFTY TWO (states +DC +feds) separate taxation agencies? smithicide;

If anything Senatorial elections so go back to being the pervue of state legislature, the house should be expanded so states are more accurately represented and gerrymandering is quelled at least for a little while :|

i agree with this in general, but so long as senators remain directly elected, the very LEAST we could do is have the feds standardize federal elections lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: interpolhezbollahyakuza on June 16, 2018, 05:38:18 PM
ranked choice elections while we're at it please thanks

Maine's doing it

srsly

Quote from: wawi on June 17, 2018, 05:41:13 PM
space exploration should be left to the states

lol jesus christ, could you imagine goowan

C.Mongler

assigning names to your children

a computer should select them at birth

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: SVT on June 17, 2018, 05:18:43 PM
here is some thing . : stoned ape theory. i believe not 50 governments shouldnt handle that just one of them but not fed

So which of the states should take over the governmental services of all the others? y/n

bluaki

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 16, 2018, 01:25:13 PM
public education standards
Have you heard of Common Core? That's not working out too well. America has really low standards.

silvertone

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 20, 2018, 06:28:25 AM
Quote from: SVT on June 17, 2018, 05:18:43 PM

So which of the states should take over the governmental services of all the others? y/n
state??? individual..... that individual is Me

Kalahari Inkantation

• matters of civil rights/liberties

• healthcare standards

Fun fact: The very Bill of Rights itself used to not apply to the individual states. akudood;

not until 1925 lol, and even then only partially

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

also,

• policing

really out to be a federal power

police agencies in america aren't divided just by state, but often by county and even town

that means there are well over 3,000 distinct police agencies in the us

california alone has over 500 police departments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_law_enforcement_agencies_in_California

goonish

not only is this a complete, astronomical waste of money, but it also means that actual policy and training can vary widely and enforcement of law can be unpredictably inconsistent from one police department/jurisdiction to another, and it also means that 'the police' as a whole are extremely difficult to regulate and manage because 'the police' don't exist as a whole to begin with

how could we ever possibly hope to establish a single regulatory authority over the collective us police force when it's made up of over 3,000 disparate departments that are only very loosely tied to one another and practically answer to themselves alone

a modest proposal: NATIONALIZE THE POLICE

Go Up