March 28, 2024, 03:33:48 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

smash bros. ultimate

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

hbox literally needs his mom to beat smash tournaments for him what a loser

YPrrrr

Sounds like Phil Hellmuth complaining about his bad beats in poker... so whiny.

Both are legends for a reason though even if they can't handle losing

Samus Aran

wow cant believe my favorite band fallout boy is in smash

YPrrrr

I can't believe they really put top ramen in

Samus Aran

this is a maruchan household

YPrrrr

Oh yeah maruchan is kinda better

6M69I69B9

if im registering in my head right these hit boxes
min min probably wins the match up against all my mains LMAO

im def going to stream monday night with an arena for this character
or at least try to, i am working that evening, though sometimes the patch doesnt come out until like 8pm anyway or something
if im in a good mood still ill try
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

strongbad

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on May 31, 2020, 03:24:49 PMhbox is so lame
imagine putting up ads as soon as you lose just so people wouldn't be able to see you so salty
he had 2200+ viewers, bunch of coaching on gameplay and stage bans, but he still got sent to loser's

He was playing a Luigi that was playing the match well and didn't even pull off a grab combo much, Hbox just ran into stupid shit and approached terribly.  Then complained the Luigi was campy.

Hbox actually is such a hypocrite, as soon as he has enough of a lead on the opponent, he turns to campiness- but also shits on Sonic players and top tiers for basically doing the same thing.  Lol don't forget, he also pulls this shit on Melee with bairs and ledge grab invincibility.  I only watch his shit for prime Jigglypuff moves and watching him lose is funny as shit.  He pulls the same shit that DKWill does when he loses, that's why people quote Hbox saying "badly programmed" or "badly designed!" when he loses sometimes. 
have never liked hbox

one of my favorite anti-hbox memories was when he decided to call out mango during mango's ama SUPER hard (some true some not true things IIRC) which summoned the hivemind of reddit to downvote mango to oblivion

it was sad too because mango is like one of the most loved melee players (from within the scene at the time at least) and hbox basically created a fire with his own personal beef that non-melee players latched onto

Samus Aran

the intensity of hbox hate is really ridiculous though. like it's died down a little bit but it's crazy how many people basically wanted the man dead, mostly just because he played a character that wasn't cool enough and didn't fit spectators' ideas of how melee should be played

6M69I69B9

Quote from: strongbad on June 24, 2020, 04:48:29 PM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on May 31, 2020, 03:24:49 PMhbox is so lame
imagine putting up ads as soon as you lose just so people wouldn't be able to see you so salty
he had 2200+ viewers, bunch of coaching on gameplay and stage bans, but he still got sent to loser's

He was playing a Luigi that was playing the match well and didn't even pull off a grab combo much, Hbox just ran into stupid shit and approached terribly.  Then complained the Luigi was campy.

Hbox actually is such a hypocrite, as soon as he has enough of a lead on the opponent, he turns to campiness- but also shits on Sonic players and top tiers for basically doing the same thing.  Lol don't forget, he also pulls this shit on Melee with bairs and ledge grab invincibility.  I only watch his shit for prime Jigglypuff moves and watching him lose is funny as shit.  He pulls the same shit that DKWill does when he loses, that's why people quote Hbox saying "badly programmed" or "badly designed!" when he loses sometimes. 
have never liked hbox

one of my favorite anti-hbox memories was when he decided to call out mango during mango's ama SUPER hard (some true some not true things IIRC) which summoned the hivemind of reddit to downvote mango to oblivion

it was sad too because mango is like one of the most loved melee players (from within the scene at the time at least) and hbox basically created a fire with his own personal beef that non-melee players latched onto
lmao that ama was based
too bad ppl were biased more against him at the time because mango just sucks ass at words, but you could see in that vid hbox was really absorbing that win and didnt bother offering a handshake, neither did mango.  but hbox had his back turned away from him after winning and kept on talking to people the other way while mango still lingered for a while.  (if we're referring to when hbox said he didnt even shake his hand)

Quote from: Samus Aran on June 24, 2020, 05:01:30 PMthe intensity of hbox hate is really ridiculous though. like it's died down a little bit but it's crazy how many people basically wanted the man dead, mostly just because he played a character that wasn't cool enough and didn't fit spectators' ideas of how melee should be played
my only concern about him was that he's unironically arrogant but also plays the community figure guy role- but nobody really realizes his shittier characteristics because he's always being shat on by playing jigglypuff in melee so there's never seemingly any discussion on his character- mostly what he plays.  the guy has an insufferable ego that's put up so passively.  i know this is a bit much of a call out, but if i ever have time to clip something or w/e to make an example, ill put it up. 

mango on the other hand accepts that he's degen and thrives in it, doesn't try to hoist up any sort of idea that he's anything but him and just wants to drink beer and wants the patriots to win.  he's unironically humble as hell, throws his medals.  and lol who homie stocks for bros in top 8 majors???? 

i mean i think it's kinda dumb putting this sort of rivalry when both are pretty chill with each other, but usually these guys are always compared bc of that doc

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

Samus Aran

oh yeah no hbox can be a total dick, he rages so hard when playing against certain characters and he's basically just insufferably arrogant lmao

i don't really like him either, i just wanted to point out that the really deep, personal hatred of hbox that the community developed is super uncalled for

Samus Aran

it's funny because, maybe it's because melee and brawl were so ratchet in comparison, with relatively small scenes that only drew really degen crowds and stuff....but like, ultimate's top players are so normal and chill compared to the top players in previous games lmao

mkleo is actually such a crazy humble and nice guy. anyone who hates him is insane.

Samus Aran

also, apparently armada is speedrunning mario 64 now lmao, caught him streaming it the other night n_u

YPrrrr

Never thought I'd hear Mango described as humble lol

He does the same stupid shit when he loses where he makes excuses like he doesn't care or wasn't trying. I don't think there's much moral high ground between the two of them

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Samus Aran on June 24, 2020, 05:55:27 PMalso, apparently armada is speedrunning mario 64 now lmao, caught him streaming it the other night n_u
oh yeah he actually has a love for speedrunning

Quote from: Samus Aran on June 24, 2020, 05:54:03 PMit's funny because, maybe it's because melee and brawl were so ratchet in comparison, with relatively small scenes that only drew really degen crowds and stuff....but like, ultimate's top players are so normal and chill compared to the top players in previous games lmao

mkleo is actually such a crazy humble and nice guy. anyone who hates him is insane.
yeah mkleo is an example of a great winner and loser in competition overall
i usually love the underdog stories
but mkleo is def. an exception to that rule.  he is probably one of the most collected players I've ever watched, and the fact that he loves marth and will try to make him work once in a while is great.  maybe he hasnt been pulling in stuff as much bc of online, but regardless, he's a keeper in the community. 

Quote from: YPrrrr on June 24, 2020, 05:58:06 PMNever thought I'd hear Mango described as humble lol

He does the same stupid shit when he loses where he makes excuses like he doesn't care or wasn't trying. I don't think there's much moral high ground between the two of them

wot m80
mango is humble...from my perspective anyway LMAO

idk if you watch the scene enough, but i think in 2016-2018 he was pretty much falling to hbox a bunch and just dropping a bunch of things.  he never shows it much, but I believe he was depressed about his gameplay at some point.  i dont think he's really said he hasnt cared- more like he's coping lmao.  he does tweet a bunch of gloom when he's on a loss streak.  he's drank to the point of no return multiple times, to the point of even being suspended on twitch for it.  hell alex19 and tafo (when he was his coach) tried to ween him off of drinking.  he's also talked about quitting melee a few years ago and just going on to streaming, but ultimately didn't go through with that because he generally loves the melee community and always makes hbox his obstacle to get better in melee- and even now with no events, still plays it even if valorant could probably open more of a future.

i love him

Go Up