April 18, 2024, 02:26:46 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

smash bros. ultimate

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AAAAAAAA

Joker's only slightly more surprising than Snake. Arguably less.

TooB

I guess if anything, at least Cloud is much more well known.

YPrrrr

Quote from: TooB on December 19, 2018, 01:15:45 AMI guess if anything, at least Cloud is much more well known.

Everyone knows Cloud

YPrrrr

December 19, 2018, 03:58:06 AM #408 Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:14:04 AM by YPrrrr
Also nothing as saddening as getting the zoom in, slow mo kill confirmation in an online match (on FD) and they don't die and then you lose because you put the controller down saddood;

Samus Aran

the zoom-in is pretty often not a kill confirm lol, i don't think it's necessarily intended to be

YPrrrr

December 19, 2018, 01:13:56 PM #410 Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:20:38 PM by YPrrrr
Idk what else it would be intended to be considering that it's only used on the last stock when the damage should kill (a similar but less dramatic one is used on F Punch, Warlock Punch, etc.). It's clearly designed to be the finishing image of the match

I guess it just doesn't take DI into account (or obviously platforms if anyone plays on regular stages)

Thyme

idk i think it adds suspense that they're not 100% lethal

YPrrrr

TooB

Quote from: YPrrrr on December 19, 2018, 01:13:56 PMIdk what else it would be intended to be considering that it's only used on the last stock when the damage should kill (a similar but less dramatic one is used on F Punch, Warlock Punch, etc.). It's clearly designed to be the finishing image of the match

I guess it just doesn't take DI into account (or obviously platforms if anyone plays on regular stages)

its not only used in the last stock. I see it happen multiple times throughout the match

bluaki

December 20, 2018, 12:49:49 AM #414 Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:03:02 AM by bluaki
A few days ago I finished Classic with every character and then finished collecting every spirit... except for Partner Pikachu, since apparently there is currently no way to obtain it without a copy of Let's Go Pikachu (and I only have Eevee), though that'll supposedly be changed after a future patch. That's 1298/1299 spirits. I'd consider this 100% completion.

Quote from: TooB on December 19, 2018, 11:04:20 PMits not only used in the last stock. I see it happen multiple times throughout the match
That's actually a different mechanic: zooming in for critical hits rather than just a potentially finishing blow.

That happens often with certain moves like Ridley's Down+B, PK Thunder, Home Run, etc.

YPrrrr

Quote from: TooB on December 19, 2018, 11:04:20 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on December 19, 2018, 01:13:56 PMIdk what else it would be intended to be considering that it's only used on the last stock when the damage should kill (a similar but less dramatic one is used on F Punch, Warlock Punch, etc.). It's clearly designed to be the finishing image of the match

its not only used in the last stock. I see it happen multiple times throughout the match
both bluaki and myself said that's a different thing. It looks similar but the sounds and animation are different

Anyway yes I should just keep playing jfc guys it was a small gripe :|

TooB

If it's a different mechanic, it doesn't look very much, if at all different

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

maybe you need to get your eyes checked buttmunch

TooB

YPrrrr

Go Up