April 20, 2024, 08:56:43 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

smash bros. ultimate

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

also dashdancing is fun as hell in this game
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Hiro

December 17, 2018, 01:50:04 AM #391 Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:20:34 AM by Hiro
Because of Joker I know think these are real DLC possibilities:
Geno OR Sora
Steve OR Banjo
Heihachi
New Fire Emblem character
Crash Bandicoot
Lloyd Irving
Reimu Hakurei
Goku
Chibi Robo
Monster Hunter
Amaterasu

YPrrrr

I don't understand how the time thing works for WoL.

My profile shows 14 hours but then when I click on it it says 25.

Anyway, I beat that shit with 99.67% and I really dont feel like finding the last few souls so I'm gonna say good enough. Died on the final thing like 6 times with one hit away from victory, so annoying

YPrrrr

Joker makes just about everyone a possibility imo it's nuts

Minus assist trophies and probably spirits

Thyme

still hoping for doom marine 5thgrade;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on December 17, 2018, 01:50:04 AMBecause of Joker I know think these are real DLC possibilities:
Geno OR Sora
Steve OR Banjo
Heihachi
Crash Bandicoot
Lloyd Irving
Reimu Hakurei
Goku
Chibi Robo
Monster Hunter
Amaterasu

Geno and Chibi-Robo are already spirits, making them pretty unlikely. In a similar vein, Heihachi is already an easter egg in Pac-Man's Namco item move.

Goku is just a meme he'll never be in Smash, and I honestly never believed, ever, not even for a second, that Banjo would ever be in Smash either. So it's weird that everyone seems to assume he will be.

I hope you're joking about Reimu

A Monster Hunter character actually seems to make quite a bit of sense, though.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Samus Aran on December 12, 2018, 02:32:06 AMworld of light more like world of jesus i've been playing this for five million hours already and there's a whole second part to this

well, now i'm through world of darkness...this shit never ends wtf

Hiro

Quote from: YPrrrr on December 17, 2018, 01:22:12 PMI don't understand how the time thing works for WoL.

My profile shows 14 hours but then when I click on it it says 25.

Anyway, I beat that shit with 99.67% and I really dont feel like finding the last few souls so I'm gonna say good enough. Died on the final thing like 6 times with one hit away from victory, so annoying
pretty sure the time shown on the profile is the timestamp of the most recent save

Quote from: Samus Aran on December 18, 2018, 04:09:28 AM
Quote from: Hiro on December 17, 2018, 01:50:04 AMBecause of Joker I know think these are real DLC possibilities:
Geno OR Sora
Steve OR Banjo
Heihachi
Crash Bandicoot
Lloyd Irving
Reimu Hakurei
Goku
Chibi Robo
Monster Hunter
Amaterasu

Geno and Chibi-Robo are already spirits, making them pretty unlikely. In a similar vein, Heihachi is already an easter egg in Pac-Man's Namco item move.

Goku is just a meme he'll never be in Smash, and I honestly never believed, ever, not even for a second, that Banjo would ever be in Smash either. So it's weird that everyone seems to assume he will be.

I hope you're joking about Reimu

A Monster Hunter character actually seems to make quite a bit of sense, though.
not really characters i exactly want or even really expect, just ones I think could actually happen. Out of those I'd probably say chibi robo and reimu are the least likely
I know Goku's been a goofy meme but honestly the more I think about it the more I think it could happen.
Sakurai also definitely knows people want Geno, and probably Banjo as well, though I know Banjo would have some difficulty.

Samus Aran

why would you even say Reimu though

Touhou is a niche series of PC games in an already niche genre made by a single guy who's never released anything on a Nintendo console. or any console.

TooB

If we're gonna start thinking seriously about non-videogame characters being in a game about video game characters fighting, why stop at You?

I want Homer.

Hiro

Quote from: Samus Aran on December 18, 2018, 04:18:08 AMwhy would you even say Reimu though

Touhou is a niche series of PC games in an already niche genre made by a single guy who's never released anything on a Nintendo console. or any console.
ean you could say the same about some other characters in Smash aside from the PC part, also isn't there a Touhou game on the Switch now?
From what I understand the series is pretty popular in Japan so I could see it, after all the US never had a Fire Emblem until a while after Roy and Marth in Melee.

TooB

Quote from: Hiro on December 18, 2018, 09:54:31 AM
Quote from: Samus Aran on December 18, 2018, 04:18:08 AMwhy would you even say Reimu though

ean you could say the same about some other characters in Smash aside from the PC part, also isn't there a Touhou game on the Switch now?
From what I understand the series is pretty popular in Japan so I could see it, after all the US never had a Fire Emblem until a while after Roy and Marth in Melee.

The touhou games we have on console aren't technically "official." They're basically fan made indie games that got popular enough to release on console

Samus Aran

Quote from: TooB on December 18, 2018, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: Hiro on December 18, 2018, 09:54:31 AM

I mean you could say the same about some other characters in Smash aside from the PC part, also isn't there a Touhou game on the Switch now?

The touhou games we have on console aren't technically "official." They're basically fan made indie games that got popular enough to release on console

This. They're fan games that ZUN happened to approve of. The actual Touhou games have never made it off PC, and until the most recent one (which is on Steam also), they were also never published on anything other than doujin CD-ROMs.

Also, Touhou is not anywhere near as popular as stuff like Persona or Fire Emblem lmao, it's extremely niche. It just happens to generate a lot of fan art.

Samus Aran

that being said, if Reimu was in Smash of course i'd use the fuck out of her

bluaki

Quote from: YPrrrr on December 17, 2018, 04:54:02 PMJoker makes just about everyone a possibility imo it's nuts
Why? How does Joker stand out any more than Cloud did in this respect?

Like Cloud, he's a popular third-party character whose main game went to PlayStation and who has only ever had minor roles (Theatrythm and KH Chain of Memories for Cloud, Persona Q2 for Joker) on a Nintendo system. At least Joker has very slightly more prominence on Nintendo systems now than Cloud did as of 2015.

Unlike Cloud, Joker's inclusion also doubles as advertising for new games and more: P5 is still relatively recent, PQ2 and Dancing in Starlight are both brand new, there could be a not-yet-announced P5 Switch port, P5 anime is ongoing, and new P5 figures and other merch are still coming out. Atlus even was already involved in SSBU before DLC development started.

Go Up