March 28, 2024, 12:31:38 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

smash bros. ultimate

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 08, 2018, 09:53:52 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on November 08, 2018, 09:46:38 PMOnly thing that bothers me about piranha plant is no fireballs despite being one of the few things piranha plants actually do

yeah but he's from sunshine, and not a single piranha plant in that game can shoot fireballs.

the actual problem, truly, is that petey piranha is his final smash to begin with. i hate petey piranha.
like Blu said it's just a regular piranha plant which have obviously been around since like SMB3

bluaki

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on November 01, 2018, 09:42:41 AMThere are spirits of characters, so being a spirit doesn't totally deconfirm.
It seems that having spirits for a different version of a playable character is fair game, but there aren't any spirits for the plain character

Here are some of the confirmed spirits:
Young Samus (the short-haired version from Other M)
Meta Ridley
Yarn Yoshi
Robobot Armor Kirby
Wii Fit Tree Pose

still, even if that's the pattern so far, I guess there's not necessarily a reason that a spirit can't become a DLC fighter. It's not like assist trophies where they really conflict with each other.

AAAAAAAA

Yeah, and FWIW, Smash 4 has trophies of Lucas and Mewtwo too before they were DLC

TooB

Quote from: YPrrrr on November 09, 2018, 04:45:36 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on November 08, 2018, 09:46:38 PMOnly thing that bothers me about piranha plant is no fireballs despite being one of the few things piranha plants actually do

yeah but he's from sunshine, and not a single piranha plant in that game can shoot fireballs.

the actual problem, truly, is that petey piranha is his final smash to begin with. i hate petey piranha.
like Blu said it's just a regular piranha plant which have obviously been around since like SMB3

Or even since the original SMB

YPrrrr

Quote from: Big Goop on November 09, 2018, 08:57:34 AM

Or even since the original SMB
Oh shoot I meant the fire spitting ones but yeah obviously piranha plants have been there since the beginning

Samus Aran

yeah i know, i honestly don't know why i posted about petey being from sunshine because obviously when he's in non-final smash mode he's not a sunshine piranha plant

i was made temporarily stupid by my petey-induced rage

??????

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 09, 2018, 12:44:33 PM

yeah i know, i honestly don't know why i posted about petey being from sunshine because obviously when he's in non-final smash mode he's not a sunshine piranha plant

i was made temporarily stupid by my petey-induced rage
gets his name from Mario party 3
Can’t believe you don’t know the piranha plant lore

6M69I69B9

Although I said I was going to take a break, wanted to at least post about my experience at the Nintendo Switch Holiday Demo thing.

Alright, anyway- so I got to go around about seven-eight times.  In those times, I played:
Luigi
Duck Hunt
Marth
Mii Gunner

Saved anybody else for the actual game itself.

Bunch of people- actually it was much less than I'd expect- though it was a Monday.  Heard from the event personnel that if you went on the weekend, it'd take you about 45 minutes each game for the more active times.  Which isn't so bad, they also noted some other locations had people waiting an hour and a half.  Jesus. 

Straight to the gameplay-

Luigi
Man...although he is my main...and that some top players who've played him think he was good...he just wasn't cutting it for me.  Maybe it was because of the chaos that is FFA (free-for-all) and the input lag (holy HELL, it was BAD), but he just wasn't playing the way I'd prefer.  The first thing I did was try to mash during his cyclone.  It barely rose up...I heard from other accounts, but I had to see it for myself.  It's much less potent than its Smash 4 version. 
Killing off the top?  Nerfed. 
Gimping off stage?  Nerfed- to the point of it not even being possible it seems. 
Using it as a recovery move?  Nerfed to Hell.
Luigi's Cyclone...is mostly rip.  Only use for it aside from a half-assed recovery is disrupting combos.   

The only combo I could do in the chaos, was nair to usmash.  It's nice to know nair is still a combo starter- and may very well be a combo stealer.  Doing RAR (reverse aerial rush) bair seems alright.  Fireballs are better.  Couldn't pull off the tether unfortunately...for some reason. 

I want to use him, but for now, from this experience I had with the demo...it was just straight up ass compared to smash 4's Luigi. 

I still believe in him though.  This is just the demo experience...right?

Marth
Solid character.  Dancing blade is much more easier to execute, and seems like Cloud's side b.  Spacing seems prime.  I just loved playing him when I did.  He's still got it.  And according to some accounts, his dair is better.  His aerials are nice in general, too. 

Duck Hunt
Played my first game with him like how I do in Smash 4.  God damn, he's good too.  Still has follow ups like clay to fair and uair to uair.  The thing is that...it's hard to actually KO someone with him aside from fsmash.  I won an FFA but it was mostly because I had assistance with items in general, and the final smash meter.  I love Duck Hunt.  I think I can make something out of him, too. 

Mii Gunner
Just going to say it was fun playing Mii Gunner.  Hard to kill with.  Fair seems to have been nerfed, I don't think I could have combo'd with it like previously.  Gonna use in the future- not sure as a main though. 

Anyway yeah, the input lag was shit.  I just couldn't stand it- ruined the experience, too.  Also, a little off topic- but dayyyyummmm I got me a nice tote bag from the giveaway they were doing on the side.  If you have an account with Nintendo, and they scan your QR code for the event.  The QR code can come up to be 1 of six items.  Among the six, two of them were a Fortnite poster, and Nintendo Stickers.  The rest seemed solid.  Thank God I didn't get the two mentioned previously. 

Fun event for those who've been obsessed with smash and finally just want to try it out.  One visit was good enough for me- I've got some other stuff to tend to irl and work soon is going to be a bitch.  And for those who want to lab it- literally wait until the game comes out.  Demo is sort of a pain, tbh. 

kool event in the end. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

Yea everything I've heard about Luigi is bad for the green man. Sounds like he's lost a ton of priority on his tornado too (which I am kinda happy about tbh)

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on December 06, 2018, 09:57:31 PMyou'll never see it coming

yeah i really fucking didn't lmao

i'm hyped tho

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

YPrrrr

December 07, 2018, 04:42:16 AM #329 Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:14:10 AM by YPrrrr
Mehhhhhhhhh

4 more chances ig

Go Up