April 16, 2024, 08:22:34 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

smash bros. ultimate

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

November 04, 2018, 05:42:38 AM #300 Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:47:09 AM by bluaki
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 04, 2018, 03:41:44 AMtec just wants ridley to be more fuckable
https://twitter.com/Viiperfish/status/1044663888527183877

and here's one that predates peachette by a decade:
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/203294

also Zerg-Kerrigan (from Starcraft) is design-wise a lot like a humanoid female Ridley.

bluaki

I'm actually surprised: Super Smash Bros Ultimate does support cloud saves.

I figured they'd screw this up tbh

TooB

Now just hope their online is actually serviceable in time for the game

YPrrrr

Online will only be okay if everyone has an ethernet connection which they won't because it's not native to the system

ClassicTyler

I should get that Ethernet connection thingy next time I'm at Gamestop.

bluaki

November 06, 2018, 04:39:40 AM #305 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:45:54 AM by bluaki
One thing I miss from SSB4: the nice artwork for every new fighter. Like this Greninja one by Ken Sugimori, this Robin+Lucina one, this Bayonetta one, etc. The only new artwork like this we got for Ultimate is for Inkling. As far as I know there's nothing like this for Ridley, Simon, K Rool, Isabelle, or Incineroar.

Quote from: ClassicTyler on November 05, 2018, 08:33:39 PMI should get that Ethernet connection thingy next time I'm at Gamestop.
If you already have a USB Ethernet adapter for anything else, there's a very good chance it'll work with Switch. Switch supports the two most common chipsets used in USB Ethernet adapters.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

TooB

Can't wait for Petey Piranha as an echo for regular Piranha plant!

6M69I69B9

I pre-ordered Ult and paid it in full. 
I also bought a new gc controller and bought black buttons to replace the ones on it. 
Got the official gc adapter as well

lol I'm fucking ready, I have EVERYTHING for the best experience

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

Oh damn, I actually might go to test some characters.  The event is 20 minutes away from my place. 
https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/holiday-experience/#locations

Samus Aran

i actually just remembered something last night

petey piranha bouncing around holding cages was already a boss in brawl. they literally just recycled an old boss for a final smash. talk about lazy.

YPrrrr

Idk I was fine with it

Only thing that bothers me about piranha plant is no fireballs despite being one of the few things piranha plants actually do

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPrrrr on November 08, 2018, 09:46:38 PMOnly thing that bothers me about piranha plant is no fireballs despite being one of the few things piranha plants actually do

yeah but he's from sunshine, and not a single piranha plant in that game can shoot fireballs.

the actual problem, truly, is that petey piranha is his final smash to begin with. i hate petey piranha.

TooB

They should've used the walking piranha plant from Mario 3

bluaki

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 08, 2018, 09:20:42 PMi actually just remembered something last night

petey piranha bouncing around holding cages was already a boss in brawl. they literally just recycled an old boss for a final smash. talk about lazy.
I saw that more as a neat reference to Subspace than being lazy. Of course a lot more work went into that final smash than copy+pasting the Brawl boss.

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 08, 2018, 09:53:52 PMyeah but he's from sunshine, and not a single piranha plant in that game can shoot fireballs.

the actual problem, truly, is that petey piranha is his final smash to begin with. i hate petey piranha.
Petey Piranha is from Sunshine, sure, but the Piranha Plant itself? I'm pretty sure there's nothing else about that character tying it to Sunshine. It has nothing to do with the normal goop-based enemies, while it has a ton of attacks that reference piranha plant variants from other games. I don't even remember seeing any non-goop piranha plants in Sunshine.

Go Up