March 28, 2024, 02:57:30 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Started by Nyerp, June 10, 2018, 09:15:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

I have a feeling I'll be stuck on the final boss for a while.... idk

TooB

Samus Aran

Demon of Hatred is a cool fight and feels like a weird homage to the Souls games. The idea of deflecting and posture breaking is completely out the window in this fight - you just have to deplete his health instead and attempting to deflect most of his moves is a bad idea. I see a lot of people online complaining about him being a shitty boss because of this. I don't mind that this one is unique, I guess. But I can see where the complaints are coming from. Especially because he would be way easier if you had Souls i-frame mechanics (jumps and dodges in this game do have i-frames, but barely any, and enemy moves track much better).

Samus Aran

Finished this game. Final boss is really cool but not as cinematic as I was hoping I guess. Finished all the bosses and minibosses, too. Aside from the ones you can only fight in the Shura ending, of course. As far as I can tell I did basically everything I can do in one playthrough, aside from pointless grinding to unlock more skills, or farming materials for my last few upgrades which is also pointless because I can simply get said materials and skill points easily in NG+.

Shura ending will be done on the second playthrough (but I'll savescum back to before it to play the rest of the normal game on NG+ as well).

Anyway this game fuckin rules, I loved it from start to finish.

Nyerp

sounds great cant wait to play it!

TooB

Sorry not sorry, but the Demon ain't worth my time right now.

Samus Aran

Quote from: TooB on April 10, 2019, 11:51:04 PMSorry not sorry, but the Demon ain't worth my time right now.

I mean I don't think anyone expects you to beat him, or an apology for not doing so lol

TooB

Quote from: Samus Aran on April 11, 2019, 08:23:35 PM
Quote from: TooB on April 10, 2019, 11:51:04 PMSorry not sorry, but the Demon ain't worth my time right now.

I mean I don't think anyone expects you to beat him, or an apology for not doing so lol

True. Tbh, I'm not bothering with him unless I fully plan on getting a Platinum

Samus Aran

personally i'm just going for said platinum already, i'm in ng+ already

Samus Aran

man i love just blowing through these games in ng+ lol, it's crazy how easy they become once you're stronger and you already know how to fight every boss

haven't died at all to a single boss in ng+ yet and i'm already past the guardian ape wrench;

Samus Aran

well, finished my ng+ run

there are quite a few late-game minibosses i didn't bother with in ng+ simply because they no longer drop anything worthwhile, and i don't think i'm gonna bother with demon of hatred either really. i actually only have one thing left to do to platinum this game: grind for exp. for a long time.

Samus Aran

As a whole NG+ was a lot easier. Already knowing all the boss patterns and having my attack power up pretty high and already having all the prayer beads definitely helps lol.

I still managed to to die once to the false Corrupted Monk (I blame trying to play while distracted lol), and several times to the final boss.

Also, this time I did the Shura ending, tho I savesscummed and went back before the choice after getting the Shura-related trophies. The new boss in this ending is very similar to the final normal boss, but considerably easier imo. Took a few tries.

TooB

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on April 28, 2019, 10:57:22 AMezplat

pretty much. it takes some grinding, though. the developers kind of intended for the player to go through the game four times (for each ending), and even if you did that, you'd still have to grind for exp a little bit probably. but if you savescum to get ending trophies faster, and you've finished ng+ but all you have left is the skills trophy (like i did), then you have to do a ton of grinding for said trophy

Go Up