April 16, 2024, 04:51:19 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Started by Nyerp, June 10, 2018, 09:15:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 28, 2019, 05:34:22 AM
Quote from: Samus Aran on March 28, 2019, 05:07:51 AMalso this game has way more enemy ai glitching than previous fromsoft games

i've had enemies get stuck on an object and simply walk in place for minutes at a time, i've had enemies not know how to go around the corner of a wall correctly (again simply walking in place)

and during one attempt at fighting lady butterfly, she suddenly just de-aggro'd. she just stood there. she didn't move again until i got closer to her.
i've had all of these things happen to me on DS remastered on Switch so idk lol. i can't remember who but one boss just stopped moving when i got them down to a quarter health so that was an ez victory

yeah tbh all fromsoft soulslike games have a lot of enemy AI goofs, but i'm encountering them a lot faster and more consistently in this one

in ds1 i don't remember ever having a boss do it, but it is amusing that seath's aggro range is smaller than his boss room so you can technically get him all the way to one side and then run away and he'll be unable to find you. that's not a glitch per se tho

Samus Aran

March 30, 2019, 06:27:03 AM #31 Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 06:45:32 AM by Samus Aran
tbh i gotta say, on average the bosses in this game are way, way harder than anything in soulsborne lol

like i know that i've played the souls games a lot so that made getting through sequels seem a lot easier, because i was already extremely familiar with their mechanics and whatnot...but still, i don't know. i feel like after the initial hurdle of struggling with demon's souls because it was my first souls game, i more or less breezed through das1-3 and bloodborne with only a few humps here and there.

and then sekiro? one boss took me like 20 tries. the one i'm on now, i've already died like 12 times. dunno man. i'm bad at this one apparently but it really does feel legitimately a lot harder.

Commander Fuckass

tbh it's a lot harder because you're not yet used to the mechanics

I mean Lady Butterfly is easily beaten if you Dodge to the left then attack, then dodge to the right and attack.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

I'm still stuck on G.... fuck him

I wanna see if I can proceed a bit further somewhere else and at least get another prayer necklace

ME##

Thankfully I'm like most game journalists and can proudly claim my disdain for this game without having played a second of it

C.Mongler

Quote from: David on March 30, 2019, 11:06:04 AMThankfully I'm like most game journalists and can proudly claim my disdain for this game without having played a second of it
ban yourself!!!

ME##

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 30, 2019, 11:37:01 AM
Quote from: David on March 30, 2019, 11:06:04 AMThankfully I'm like most game journalists and can proudly claim my disdain for this game without having played a second of it
ban yourself!!!

O--oh okay saddood;

Samus Aran

genichiro is so fuckin hard but i finally beat him

TooB

Samus Aran

well, guess it's not a souls game without a gimmick boss. this one was really cool tho.

Samus Aran

Guardian Ape was such a cool fight

C.Mongler

i just got to lady bubberfly i dont have a ton of time for gams these days  saddood;

Samus Aran

had an unusually easy time with mibu village. first try'd the boss. also first try'd the optional rematch with a certain boss in the ashina depths, but this fight seemed honestly piss easy, i think it (and its buddy it brought along) had much less health and posture than in the original fight.

the miniboss in the snake god temple (after a certain change in ashina castle takes place) was a fucking asshole holy shit i died like 6 times on that fuck

Samus Aran

getting pretty close to the end of my first playthrough

can't believe so many people are sleeping on this compared to the souls games/bloodborne. it's so fuckin good

Nyerp

seems like most people would rather complain that there's no easy mode

Go Up