March 28, 2024, 01:33:10 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

annual e3 cynicism thread

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 05, 2018, 11:25:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

5thgrade;

nintendo wins
5 (38.5%)
sony wins
1 (7.7%)
todd howard wins
5 (38.5%)
microsoft loses
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

C.Mongler

Samus Aran

the version of zelda they're using is fucking cute

FUCKING RIDLEY FINALLY JFC, he looks sick too

and so glad to have my old boy young link back, smart move by nintendo to include everyone from past smash bros games. hopefully this really will be the "ultimate" version of smash bros. a lot of the tweaks look really good.

Nyerp

i know i'm the most cynical whiny asshole in this thread, but i'd take 10 new characters over 30 old ones any day

who wants pichu? or dark pit? or toon link AND young link? or lucina?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on June 12, 2018, 12:37:47 PM
the version of zelda they're using is fucking cute

srsly

Quote from: Nyerp on June 12, 2018, 02:06:22 PM
or toon link AND young link?

this definitely strikes me as particularly weird

i can't image how they could differentiate two young links, assuming they bother to even try

i feel like one could have been a skin of the other

TooB

Samus Aran

I mean as long as they do keep adding more characters then I'm all for bringing the old ones back

The only thing I'm worried about is that...they have a name for clone characters now, and actually bothered to reveal Daisy as being one of them, showing us no real reason for us to assume she's hardly any different from Peach. I worry that this is Nintendo embracing the idea that they can just add nothing but a ton of clone characters and we'll be ok with that

YPrrrr

Can we think of other echoes?

Dark Samus? Boshi? Dixie Kong?

Nyerp

the entire cast of Fire Emblem Echoes

C.Mongler

Quote from: YPargh on June 12, 2018, 06:18:25 PM
Can we think of other echoes?

Dark Samus? Boshi? Dixie Kong?
Considering Zelda is Link Between Worlds Zelda, it would be goofy if Princess Hilda isn't her echo

Maybe Dark Link will finally be in Smash cuz thats another goofy ass fan request I've seen over the years and there's finally a place for it as an echo

It'd be nice if Captain Falcon got an echo of any one of the trillion f-zero characters; a ton of them would fit

lucas could have claus maybe tho claus would be a really dope character on his own, but it would never happen because it would completely spoil mother 3 (and because nintendo seemingly hates that series)

bluaki

Nintendo has a really underwhelming rest of 2018 in terms of first/second-party games
06-22: Mario Tennis
07-13: Captain Toad
10-05: Super Mario Party
11-16: Pokémon
12-07: Smash

Both Fire Emblem and Yoshi were delayed this week from the originally projected 2018 date to 2019. Mario Party is literally the only Nintendo game that was newly-announced at E3.

Kalahari Inkantation

How do they keep getting away with it? smithicide;

YPrrrr

I like Mario Tennis and Smash so I'm good n_n

If they could somehow recapture the magic of Mario party 2 and 3 Id love that...

ME##

Quote from: YPargh on June 13, 2018, 05:15:27 AM

If they could somehow recapture the magic of Mario party 2 and 3 Id love that...
it’s less about being able to recapture it and more about you having changed since those two games came out

YPrrrr

Quote from: David on June 13, 2018, 06:58:17 AM
Quote from: YPargh on June 13, 2018, 05:15:27 AM

it’s less about being able to recapture it and more about you having changed since those two games came out
I don't think so

I think the Wii and the implementation. of Wii gimmicks were just garbage for the series. I still liked 4 and 5 on the GameCube too

bluaki

Nintendo didn't make this very clear, but Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country is a little special.

Anyone who buys the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC season pass will get it as DLC for that game, but it's actually a standalone prequel story and will also be released on its own at retail on September 14 for $40, with its own cartridge that doesn't require the original Xenoblade 2 game, but it also includes a download code for the rest of the DLC which does require Xenoblade 2.

I guess it's like New Super Luigi U in that sense: technically both DLC and its own game.

Go Up