March 28, 2024, 04:12:01 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

this game has terrible gameplay

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 05, 2018, 01:19:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

well *i* like her because of dat A E S T H E T I C and her approach i guess

idk i was just saying that in passing, i’m not ~guaranteeing~ you’ll like her or anything lol, and i didn’t want to hijack this thread and disturb its threadread

you’d probs end up nitpicking evertything she says n_u

ME##

This smartphone has pretty bd phone calls

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on June 23, 2018, 07:02:59 AM
well *i* like her because of dat A E S T H E T I C and her approach i guess

idk i was just saying that in passing, i’m not ~guaranteeing~ you’ll like her or anything lol, and i didn’t want to hijack this thread and disturb its threadread

i mean i'm sure she and plenty of other e-"""celebs""" have opinions i'd agree with, but idk man

my issue with e-"""celebs""" isn't necessarily that i think they're all stupid or have terrible opinions, naturally there are quite a few who are genuinely intelligent and who i'd probably agree with on many matters if i cared

i guess my real issue with e-"""celebs""" is that i can't stand the sort of cult-of-personality that develops around them, and the fact that in most cases there's absolutely nothing but a pompous attitude that makes then any more authoritative on any matter than anyone else

i guess to me it just seems like a really gross manifestation of appeal to authority, and it's especially bad because almost none of these people are (or deserve to be) authorities on anything any more than any other average joe is

'b-but milo said -- !!'

i couldn't give less of an arse what milo or whatever flavor-of-the-month youtube idiot said homie

if your argument has any merit it will stand on its own

but instead we have swaths of people relying on these e-"""celebs""" to justify their opinions for them, or worse yet, formulate their opinions for them entirely smithicide;

ugh >_<'

'b-but he's gay so his opinion on this matter is certainly more vali--'

No, not necessarily.

'she's trans though so surely she must be an authority on politic--'

No, not necessarily. ghouldood;

tl;dr see the fourth sentence

Kalahari Inkantation

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 20, 2018, 06:48:29 PM
Quote from: Thyme on June 23, 2018, 07:02:59 AMwell *i* like her because of dat A E S T H E T I C and her approach i guess

idk i was just saying that in passing, i'm not ~guaranteeing~ you'll like her or anything lol, and i didn't want to hijack this thread and disturb its threadread

you'd probs end up nitpicking evertything she says n_u

i mean i'm sure she and plenty of other e-"""celebs""" have opinions i'd agree with, but idk man

my issue with e-"""celebs""" isn't necessarily that i think they're all stupid or have terrible opinions, naturally there are quite a few who are genuinely intelligent and who i'd probably agree with on many matters if i cared

i guess my real issue with e-"""celebs""" is that i can't stand the sort of cult-of-personality that develops around them, and the fact that in most cases there's absolutely nothing but a pompous attitude that makes then any more authoritative on any matter than anyone else

i guess to me it just seems like a really gross manifestation of appeal to authority, and it's especially bad because almost none of these people are (or deserve to be) authorities on anything any more than any other average joe is

'b-but milo said -- !!'

i couldn't give less of an arse what milo or whatever flavor-of-the-month youtube idiot said homie

but instead we have swaths of people relying on these e-"""celebs""" to justify their opinions for them, or worse yet, formulate their opinions for them entirely smithicide;

ugh >_<'

No, not necessarily.

This whole post seems incredibly homophobic and transphobic awdood;

Mando Pandango

The worst is when e-celebs treat their fans like friends. It always breeds the weirdest fanbases. They attract people who don't know how to interact with other people and feel like they gain friendship by default by being a part of a certain community. And then the content creators inevitably bow to the demands of their fans when fans Dem something unacceptable, and the product as a whole becomes watered down. People who once created something because they love it eventually do it to please the fanbase created by the initial product, because they didn't know how to handle being the target of a parasocial relationship.

I still manage to enjoy the watered down product often enough but it also makes me sad to see.

EXAMPLES:
My Brother My Brother and Me
Game Grumps
Like 90% of twitch, including some of my friends' streams.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Quote from: don't let's on December 27, 2018, 09:47:22 AM
Quote from: Thyme on June 23, 2018, 07:02:59 AMwell *i* like her because of dat A E S T H E T I C and her approach i guess

idk i was just saying that in passing, i'm not ~guaranteeing~ you'll like her or anything lol, and i didn't want to hijack this thread and disturb its threadread

you'd probs end up nitpicking evertything she says n_u

'b-but milo said -- !!'

ugh >_<'

No, not necessarily.

This bait almost got me

don't let's

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 27, 2018, 03:29:03 PM
Quote from: don't let's on December 27, 2018, 09:47:22 AM

'b-but milo said -- !!'

ugh >_<'

No, not necessarily.

This bait almost got me

Yes

Almost is good enough

Go Up