March 19, 2024, 03:33:45 AM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

games that didn't get the recognition they deserve

Started by Samus Aran, November 23, 2018, 12:17:10 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

i would love to show you guys the way. edf 4.1 is seriously one of my top 5 games of all time. i'm kind of skeptical of edf 5 because of some changes but i really think that they've perfected the formula in 4.1. it is an extremely unique masterpiece okay i'll stop selling it

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ClassicTyler

strongbad

i never thought i would convince another boyager to get edf hocuspocus;

bluaki

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 23, 2018, 12:17:10 AMI'm going to mention another Wii U game here. Pikmin 3. Where the fuck was the hype for this? I heard almost nothing about it anywhere. Pikmin and its sequel were a big fucking deal on the Gamecube. But somehow, another entry just didn't really seem to make waves at all. Again, this is probably due to the fact that the Wii U was, well, the Wii U. Granted, this one isn't as offensive to me as DKCRTF's treatment, because Pikmin 3 is genuinely not as good as it could've been, 2 was quite a bit better. But still. A new entry to an important franchise should've generated more hype.
I'm probably alone in this, but Pikmin 3 is actually the main reason I got a Wii U. I had been ignoring it until then because it had absolutely nothing I cared about (yet another NSMB game? that's it?), but Pikmin 3 was pretty important to me and worth getting the console for. Mario 3D World coming only a few months later didn't hurt, but Pikmin 3 is definitely why I didn't want to wait until then to grab a Wii U.

The most underrated Wii U game of all, in my opinion, is Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. It was a pretty niche release even by Wii U standards despite being a Kirby game and a worthy successor of the well-received Canvas Curse. The odd choice of hardware fundamentally held it back, but I'd be surprised if it ever gets a rerelease on another system. It also has imo one of the best Kirby OSTs, roughly tied with Robobot.

Go Up