March 28, 2024, 08:17:38 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i boguht a swithc....and LMAO IDK WHAT TO DO WITH IT

Started by 6M69I69B9, June 01, 2018, 10:24:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 07, 2018, 06:22:55 AM
but why

cuz i have a crippling addiction to owning stuff. i also own probably ~15-20 digital games too lol, though mexican eshop helps with that (olé amigo). i also like playing stuff on my switch as 70% of my gaming time is done on the go or outside of my house.

what are they

i would have to be at home and not at work to answer definitively this but pretty much every game on the thing that is a 7/10 or above, sans a lot of the PHYSICAL INDIE GAME FOR $40 gold rush shit that's been hot lately (I own a few of those, don't get me wrong, there's just too many to buy em all)

how many have you actually played

about as much any other system i own which is to say like maybe 25% lol

how many are actually any good

most, but i do also own troll and I lol. some of my personal faves so far:
-zelda
-mario
-mario kart
-arms
-puyo puyo tetris
-celeste
-bayonetta 1 & 2
-kirbs (mostly cuz its EZ baby shit that my GF can handle)
-has been heroes (i like this game a lot despite poor reviews, i think the preview build was kinda ass but its gotten a shit ton better)
-crawl (i own this on PC, but switch is a great environment to play it on)

how many weren't already available on a platform you already owned

not a shit ton but again, i prefer to play things on switch if it's not being majorly compromised with performance issues and shit. for example i bought bayonetta for the third time (and bayo 2 for the second) on switch and finally actually played through both of them lol. like i could have bought Celeste on steam but i never would have gotten around to it probably

again for me personally, it's the portability that's the appealing factor. i also go to a weekly switch meetup so i can play local multiplayer shit on the reg. if your gaming life is your switch sitting in the dock next to your ps4/pc 24/7, 365 days a year, yeah the appeal ain't that great honestly. i don't think its the hottest shit ever made, but it works nicely for me.

some ecosystem improvements sure would be fucking nice though. can't wait until the hacks are more developed tbh lol

Thyme

I have:

• Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Mario Odyssey

• Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#basicbitch

how many have you actually played

four

how many are actually any good

four

how many weren't already available on a platform you already owned

four

the switch is almost perfect for anyone who's skipped the wii u hocuspocus;

almost because i'm still waiting for ports of 3d world and mario maker 5thgrade;

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah the switch is certainly a much more valuable console for those who were intelligent enough to have skipped the wii u, but mongler owns a wii u as well lol

Samus Aran

i bought a switch just for mario odyssey when that game came out and considering how much i absolutely adored that game (100%'d it and everything), i don't really regret said purchase.

hell, i've made more costly impulse console buys. like my expensive to buy, even more expensive to collect for pc engine

C.Mongler

June 08, 2018, 06:03:22 AM #19 Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:18:17 AM by C.Mongler
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 07, 2018, 05:17:28 PM
yeah the switch is certainly a much more valuable console for those who were intelligent enough to have skipped the wii u, but mongler owns a wii u as well lol
zelda runs like ass on wii u, i've already tripled my MK8 time on switch compared to what i played on Wii U, add an odyssey and you got a decent stew goin'

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 08, 2018, 06:03:22 AM
zelda runs like ass on wii u, i've already tripled my MK8 time on switch compared to what i played on Wii U, add an odyssey and you got a decent stew goin'
people keep saying that about Zelda Wii u....
I noticed little difference, if any at all

If it runs worse, it's negligible

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on June 08, 2018, 07:22:12 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on June 08, 2018, 06:03:22 AM
people keep saying that about Zelda Wii u....
I noticed little difference, if any at all

If it runs worse, it's negligible

you can definitely tell and feel when the wii u version is absolutely chugging lol

still, it's mostly playable, and certainly not a $300 problem

C.Mongler

the wii u version has a lot more framerate issues:

[youtube]NhoiGxl6bnE[/youtube]

this is also from the launch build of the game, so i'm not sure if the wii u version was ever made better with patches, but i know the switch version was. the switch version also runs at a slightly higher resolution, is sharper and has a more saturated color pallette.

it's all arguably negligible sure, but relatively, the switch version is the definitive one for sure.

C.Mongler

just got sushi strikers in the mail literally right now

switch = officially worth it

C.Mongler

(in all seriousness that game is probably better on 3ds anyway because of a damn stylus and its also cheaper but whatever i had 40 dollars in amazon credit and i liked the demo so fuck the police)

Go Up