April 18, 2024, 10:40:20 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

gaming genres you really haven't played muuch of

Started by 6M69I69B9, November 17, 2017, 04:19:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

because of dead by daylight, i was interested into the game bill overbeck was in

so i got l4d 1 & 2, and this literally is my first time getting into first person shooter games.  well ok maybe msg3 was the first but i finished that two years ago, and havent played any fps stuff since

did all the single player campaigns
it was certainly a different experience, bc im more into card games, platforms, turn based rpgs, and some adventure games, and ofc smash, oh and some grindy mmorpgs

it was kool not really thinking about shit and just shooting zombies and running compared to the usual i do
also i thought bill was hot lmao, and his voice is adorable, wish jim french did more work

and survival horror games are i think my favorite genre for now.  despite the shitfest the community is, along with devs, i really do admire the game for what it is even if it is repetitive. 

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Mando Pandango

RPGs

too much of a time commitment for a genre I think is pretty good at best
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

TooB

Thyme

RTS
MOBA
Fighting games
MMORPGs

p. much anything competitive or heavily involving multiplayer really 5thgrade;

Samus Aran

...how the hell is mgs3, a game that is notably in third-person 99% of the time, an "fps?"

anyway...sports, rts, moba, mmorpg, visual novels (but i'm playing more now), text-based or point-and-click adventures, ummm i'm sure there's more if you get really specific

YPrrrr

ME##

Thyme

silvertone

YPrrrr

Quote from: David on November 18, 2017, 10:35:06 AM
Quote from: YPargh on November 18, 2017, 10:28:54 AM
Dating simulators

RTSs
what u love civ though
yea like thyme said that's turn based. I tried to get into age of empires but just couldn't
Quote from: SVT on November 18, 2017, 01:12:52 PM
rtses and moba are the same thing to me
I thought so too and refused to play them because of that. But mobas have less management of stuff so I like em better

6M69I69B9

November 18, 2017, 09:58:54 PM #10 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:04:00 PM by the MIB the
Quote from: Nico Yazawa on November 18, 2017, 02:59:01 AM
...how the hell is mgs3, a game that is notably in third-person 99% of the time, an "fps?"

anyway...sports, rts, moba, mmorpg, visual novels (but i'm playing more now), text-based or point-and-click adventures, ummm i'm sure there's more if you get really specific
u kno i dont play&know shiet about shooters or w/e im trying to describe when i mess it up lmao

also also if you havent already id suggest the kyle hyde series for vns
first one is good
second is ok

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

TooB

Quote from: Big Goop on November 17, 2017, 09:26:23 PM
Sports.
I say this, and now I'm sitting here playing Hot Shots  (Everybody's) Golf.

reeper

i hate sport too but i loved Mario Golf: Advance Tour. Was a good mix between RPG and sports.

Mando Pandango

RTSes are way more accessible than MOBAs IMO. Y'all crazy.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

Golf  games in general are great even if you don't care for the sport. They more like puzzle games than sports
Quote from: interpolhezbollahyakuza on November 20, 2017, 01:08:24 PM
RTSes are way more accessible than MOBAs IMO. Y'all crazy.
Maybe If you play against the computer vs people Idk. I always end up stranding units somewhere and I feel like you have to know all sorts of macros to succeed in RTS PvP but in mobas it's like 4 buttons usually. Definitely a lot of weird concepts to learn and get down though,  not saying mobas are easy to learn because the learning curve sucks

Go Up