March 28, 2024, 03:20:07 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

rick and morty

Started by strongbad, October 17, 2017, 05:26:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

season 3 was the worst one yet imo. still had some good episode but overall was much less impressed. seems like they have a formula down moreso that they are sticking with.

funny because season 3 is the height of the whole "rick and morty awful fanbase" thing and it is for not a very good one lol

C.Mongler

yeah i havent even finished it lol, i got as far as "Rest and Ricklaxation" and then got bored. it's okay, but yeah it feels like the magic is gone. combined with how fucking obnoxious the fanbase has gotten, i'm kind of over it.

especially since bojack horseman is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better adult cartoon show anyway lol

strongbad

is it actually good? never gotten into bojack but i think itd be up my alley

C.Mongler

its fantastic. if you're going to watch, finish season 1 before you decide it's not for you, if you do. the first half of season one the show can't really decide what it wants to be IMO, it waffles between funny random talking horse show and man depression is lame hah hah and its kind of mediocre tbh but then it gets A LOT better. mid season 2 is where it becomes super hot fire

silvertone

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 18, 2017, 12:01:16 PM
its fantastic. if you're going to watch, finish season 1 before you decide it's not for you, if you do. the first half of season one the show can't really decide what it wants to be IMO, it waffles between funny random talking horse show and man depression is lame hah hah and its kind of mediocre tbh but then it gets A LOT better. mid season 2 is where it becomes super hot fire

so it has exactly the same problem with its first season as moral orel. does bojack just dive headfirst into depressing material like moral orel did after its first season?

C.Mongler

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on October 18, 2017, 05:58:54 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on October 18, 2017, 12:01:16 PM

so it has exactly the same problem with its first season as moral orel. does bojack just dive headfirst into depressing material like moral orel did after its first season?
it's been a bit since i've watch moral orel but yeah its probably an apt comparison. first half of season one it's kind of just a parody of pop culture references, characters aren't really deep and are more so just a collection of traits (bojack is a drunk! todd is lazy! princess carolyn works too hard! diane is a normie!), and the humor is kind of hit or miss which makes it seem kind of bad since its sort of presented as a comedy show at first, but then the second half of the season its like oh everyone has crippling mental illnesses that they're barely coping with. season 2 just builds on it immensely, the comedy becomes consistently good, and the characters all become complex as fuck. and shit gets really REALLY dark.

it's probably the best animated tv show out there right now honestly. like rick and morty tries to do the 'characters are complex, troubled individuals that are more complicated than at face value, and perhaps maybe they're not even likable after all???' bit, but bojack does it WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY fucking better. all the MUH IQ tv show watchers should really be after bojack cuz damn that shits deep

YPrrrr

Yeah Cmongler is right on the money, Bojack seemed like generic adult cartoon #136 for a lot of season one but I was bored and stuck with it and suddenly it transformed into this incredible dark comedy about introspection and the hidden demons we all face but are reluctant to share

YPrrrr

October 19, 2017, 11:17:51 AM #9 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:21:57 AM by YPargh
Also to the topic yeah I found this season to be super phoned in and made me question why I even watch it. There was pretty much no development and the whole thing went in a circle while just trying for cheap laughs with xd randum stuff and Rick is so woke omg

And yeah the super fans are cancer as evidenced by that McDonald's shit

C.Mongler

yeah agreed; as far as i got into seasons 3 every episode had the same fucking theme of "RICK REALLY ISN'T THAT GREAT OF A GUY, BUT MAYBE HE HAS SOME GOOD DEEP INSIDE HIM THAT HE COULD UNLOCK WITH SOME INTROSPECTION...HAH NOPE HE'S A DICK WUBALUBDUBDUB BUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRP SEE YA NEXT TIME". like maybe it goes somewhere eventually in one of the episodes towards the end, but the very first SURPRISE ITS SEASON 3 episode was actually really fucking good and lead on to believe this season was going to have a cohesive narrative that really explored characters demons and personality traits and relationships with one another, and then the next 5 episodes did a really half-assed job at that

but maybe my IQ isnt high enough idk

TooB

"high i.q."

with a character named mr poopybutthole, i think my i.q. is higher NOT watching it

TooB

strongbad

Quote from: Big Goop on October 19, 2017, 02:03:18 PM
stupid meme show

disagree- first couple seasons are really good. don't let the fanbase dictate what a show is like

also just watched the first ep of bojack- pretty good and i'm glad to hear that it'll be getting better. excited to watch more

TooB

Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 19, 2017, 06:05:01 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on October 19, 2017, 02:03:18 PM
stupid meme show

disagree- first couple seasons are really good. don't let the fanbase dictate what a show is like

I didn't really. The episodes I watched long before the recent fiasco, i didn't like.

Go Up