April 16, 2024, 05:30:47 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What do you want to achieve in life?

Started by Hiro, July 13, 2017, 12:02:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Do you have lofty career goals? Want to start a family? Have a nice house? Travel? Content just "enjoying the ride"?

I want to have a job I enjoy, most likely in the film industry, where I can make a comfortable amount of money (between 50k and 100k I think would be sufficient). I'd like to have a very small house (2 bedrooms) with a yard for my dog and nice furniture. I do NOT want to be living in Arizona. I think ideally I want to be somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, perhaps Vancouver. I might want to have one kid, possibly adopted. I definitely want to be able to travel a decent amount, too.

I'll consider myself lucky if I can accomplish half of this sillydood;

Samus Aran

As I've said plenty of times, my only true goal in life is to write books and be able to support myself with said writing, whether wholly or partially.

Other stuff, like having a house or a stable love life or whatever...that's all pretty secondary

strongbad

This is a weird question for me to think about because if you would have asked me this a year ago, I would have said to be exactly where I am now (nice life in the city, bike commuting 100%) and now that i am doing that and i feel just about as dissatisfied as i did then (maybe slightly less so).

I'd like to do a lot more bike touring. Thinking about doing the west coast into mexico next summer, but i'd love to tour across the states and through other countries during my lifetime.

I'd like a job/career that I am passionate about that I enjoy. I don't think that will be in the coffee industry, but idk I could still see myself getting into computer science or teaching here in the US.

I'd also like to have a stable relationship with a supportive partner and father a child. I guess a house would be cool but nothing extravagant.

YPrrrr

Idk I want to be able to travel and somehow leave the world a better place than I entered it. I have always wanted a wife and kids but now it's becoming apparent that having kids would really cramp my ability to try new things. On the other hand even if I continue to be a nobody who's easily forgotten perhaps my children will do something worthwhile that will make my existence worth something to the world

??????

wanna live near a cave opening that gives off toxic fumes and receive prophetic visions

YPrrrr

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on July 13, 2017, 11:35:50 PM
wanna live near a cave opening that gives off toxic fumes and receive prophetic visions
Well you're near/in New Jersey so 1/3 of the way there

strongbad

Quote from: YPargh on July 13, 2017, 11:29:22 PM
Idk I want to be able to travel and somehow leave the world a better place than I entered it. I have always wanted a wife and kids but now it's becoming apparent that having kids would really cramp my ability to try new things. On the other hand even if I continue to be a nobody who's easily forgotten perhaps my children will do something worthwhile that will make my existence worth something to the world

I feel about the same way after kids. Lotsa money too.

silvertone

i also like trying things, and i'd like to try having kids sometime too, but not for a long time yet. i find any established goals i make for myself get's rotted up as i mule it over,  long term plans... is it possible for me?  not sure...  but im still ok with everything.

snoorkel

snoorkel

Actually i wanna be a Race Car Driver. Road racing, not nascar.

silvertone

i had a vision the other day for a movie........ the working title is Savage Sodomizer.

Travis

Quote from: YPargh on July 13, 2017, 11:59:22 PM
Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on July 13, 2017, 11:35:50 PM
Well you're near/in New Jersey so 1/3 of the way there
It's more like 2/3

Hiro

Quote from: Lifetrends on July 18, 2017, 01:31:08 PM
i wanna be a Tennis Pro.
Quote from: Lifetrends on July 18, 2017, 01:39:09 PM
Actually i wanna be a Race Car Driver. Road racing, not nascar.
these are both good

ME##

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

my goal is to have friends on evry corner of the earth

Go Up