It is now well established that the Wii is the greatest 3D Nintendo console.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 12, 2017, 11:19:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Which is the greatest Nintendo home console of all time?

SNES
8 (88.9%)
Wii
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

YPrrrr

Galaxy wouldn't exist if 64 didn't prove Mario could be amazing in a 3d space hocuspocus;

I've still bought more N64 games since the Wiis release than Wii games girl;

Thyme

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 08, 2017, 09:54:57 AM
yep, dk64 is turrible compared to dk's representatives on wii

sure

gamecube

wat

admittedly i like dk64 more than most people and i've never played the konga games, but still confuseddood;

Kalahari Inkantation

and 64 wouldn't exist if pong didn't prove that video games are a viable entertainment medium

therefore, pong>sm64

Quote from: YPargh on August 08, 2017, 09:58:09 AM

are you rebuilding your n64 collection or smth lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Dream Dood: A Dood Dating Simulator on August 08, 2017, 10:01:21 AM
gamecube

wat

admittedly i like dk64 more than most people and i've never played the konga games, but still confuseddood;

i've actually never played donkey konga or jungle beat (sadly), but mongler claims they're better and they score highly so idklol

actually, having just looked it up, konga's scores are weaker than expected

but jungle beat's is a respectable 80, and i've always wanted to play that one because it was made by the very same team who made the original mario galaxy lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 08, 2017, 10:02:37 AM
and 64 wouldn't exist if pong didn't prove that video games are a viable entertainment medium

therefore, pong>sm64

Quote from: YPargh on August 08, 2017, 09:58:09 AM

are you rebuilding your n64 collection or smth lol
I didn't say 64 was better it's just not "nothing" lol

Because N64 games are more fun idk. Playing Wii games feels like trying to play PS2 era games with worse controls. ... imo.

C.Mongler

i mean konga is literally a rhythm game lol, its neat but its fucking tiring to play because it hurts your hands after about 30 minutes of smashing the bongos and yours hands together. also the setlists were kind of doofy (though bongoing along to Rock Lobster is one of my fondest childhood memories)

jungle beat is actually pretty fucking great. its a platformer/beat-the-shit-outta-everything game that you use FUCKING BONGOS to play. kinda short though, but i think its a good length because one again it hurts like fucking sin to play. i've never played the port, but i'd imagine the Wii version actually has a slight edge because while the novelty of playing with bongos is great, you won't be able to play it for more than an hour at a time without hurting yourself lol. p sure the Wii version just has you emulate hitting bongos with the wiimote and nunchuck

C.Mongler

i couldnt remember if donky konga had a story, but according to wikipedia it did lel

QuoteDonkey Kong and Diddy Kong are hanging out at the beach one day when they come across some mysterious objects that resemble barrels. Fearing they had something to do with King K. Rool, they take them to Cranky Kong. Cranky explains that they are bongos, so Donkey tries playing them. Diddy tries to do so as well. Then, when Donkey claps, the bongos start glowing. Cranky explains that the bongos have some kind of power inside them. Donkey and Diddy continue to play the bongos, but they both play terribly. Cranky advises them to practice. At first they are against this, but then they realize if they can become successful in playing the bongos, they could afford as many bananas as they wish, so they start practicing.

TooB

Didja know that instead of clapping, you can just hit the sides of the bongos? The Mic is super sensitive and will register it as a clap.

C.Mongler

i mean thats what i'd do from like minute 30 onwards, but just hitting the bongos themselves hurt after a while cry;

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 08, 2017, 11:26:11 AM
i mean thats what i'd do from like minute 30 onwards, but just hitting the bongos themselves hurt after a while cry;
oh I see. I just recall many people who played that game that didn't know that

Kalahari Inkantation

just added jungle be@ to my wishlist 5thgrade;

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 08, 2017, 10:58:18 AMi'd imagine the Wii version actually has a slight edge because while the novelty of playing with bongos is great, you won't be able to play it for more than an hour at a time without hurting yourself lol. p sure the Wii version just has you emulate hitting bongos with the wiimote and nunchuck

apparently the remote/nunchuck are less intuitive than the bongos for this game (i guess that isn't surprising) and there are a few questionable gameplay tweaks

but overall it looks like i'd be fine with either version, so i guess i'll just pick up whichever is less expensive when i buy it lol

Hiro

because i found the worlds were a lot more memorable and had a lot more replayability, the overworld is substantially better, the controls felt better to me, i'm sure i could think of more reasons
galaxy just never clicked with me, the controls felt funny, after the first few stages nothing felt particularly fresh or new, and in general it just didn't seem to have much personality to me, a problem mario games have had since nsmb
galaxy 2 was definitely better, and that's because they got a lot more creative and varied with the levels, the production design was a lot more fun

TooB

Go Up