It is now well established that the Wii is the greatest 3D Nintendo console.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 12, 2017, 11:19:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Which is the greatest Nintendo home console of all time?

SNES
8 (88.9%)
Wii
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

TooB

Hiro

TooB

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 14, 2017, 05:22:35 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on July 14, 2017, 04:48:20 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on July 14, 2017, 02:05:21 PM
yeah if we're counting stuff like that then pc always wins
lol
it's true though???? you could emulate nearly anything on a pc
that's cool.

But we weren't talking emulation.

The Wii plays ACTUAL GameCube hardware. It's effectively two systems in one, much like wii u, and cheaper to buy a Wii than GameCube component cables

Hiro

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

lol

i mean he's not wrong lol

even ignoring emulation, the pc has the biggest library of any platform specifically because it's backwards compatible with virtually the entire history of pc gaming

and so for that reason i'm not counting the wii's backwards compatibility or virtual console as arguments in its favor, because it would completely defeat the purpose of this thread

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 13, 2017, 07:56:08 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 07:53:09 PM
we are all in agreement that the wii > wiiu/gamecube/n64

I think most of us would say the Gamecube is the best 3D Ninendo console

now this warrants a "lol"

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 14, 2017, 08:05:10 PM
lol

i mean he's not wrong lol

even ignoring emulation, the pc has the biggest library of any platform specifically because it's backwards compatible with virtually the entire history of pc gaming

and so for that reason i'm not counting the wii's backwards compatibility or virtual console as arguments in its favor, because it would completely defeat the purpose of this thread
that's completely fine. That was mostly meant as a jab on pc for me, cause I don't like pc gaming very much

But at the VERY LEAST, actual hardware compatibility is still a pretty positive feature.

Kalahari Inkantation

yes, there's no denying that it makes the (original) wii the more practical of the two to own

[spoiler]

i personally don't even have a gamecube lol[/spoiler]

but it's not relevant if we're only comparing system-exclusive libraries

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]and by the same principle it makes the pc the most practical of the platforms to own girl;[/spoiler]

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

Hiro

Quote from: Big Goop on July 14, 2017, 05:24:16 PM
The Wii plays ACTUAL GameCube hardware. It's effectively two systems in one, much like wii u, and cheaper to buy a Wii than GameCube component cables
you'd need wii component cables too, but either way you're splitting hairs here
the point is just because you can play one system's library on another doesn't mean make that system better. if this were a discussion on which of those two somone should buy if they can only pick one, then yes, get a backwards-compatible wii. when people discuss game consoles being better or worse, they are generally talking about the library produced specifically to play on that console. you could just take any mention of a console in this discussion and add " ...'s library of games" to it. this is a pedantic and stupid argument to make.

TooB

Yes. Tec already covered that. Thanks for repeating and then adding that what I said was stupid.

What else you got?

Also, the component thing is that official GameCube ones cost a LOT.

Hiro

i could never find official wii ones anywhere either, third party ones seem to work just fine

Go Up