April 23, 2024, 10:54:45 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

SNES Classic Edition

Started by YPrrrr, June 26, 2017, 09:22:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Ordering from Wal-Mart is basically a crapshoot for limited video game consoles. I remember ordering one of the 99 $ 3ds systems last holiday and they canceled that on me. They suckkkk

C.Mongler

yeah i wouldnt trust walmart to deliver on anything; also got one of those $99 3DS's, and while they didn't cancel, it took them an entire extra month past my initial delivery estimate to get it to me. it was also a Christmas present for my brother which i wasn't sure i was even going to fucking get that thankfully showed up on the 20th of December. no clue what i was going to get him if that fell through since the 3DS was already a backup for the NES Classic I could never find.

Samus Aran

these things, on the other hand...emulators in cheap plastic shells. they definitely have the resources to pump these babies out ad infinitum

C.Mongler

Quote from: Big Goop on July 26, 2017, 04:06:55 PM
I somehow doubt Nintendo is ACTUALLY producing at max capacity. They may say they are....

i mean their sales target is only 10 million with a manufacturing target of 20 million, which indicates they dont think they are actually going to be able to produce 20 million this year. sure artificial scarcity is a thing in business for sure, but this seems pretty par for the course for a hot console launch coupled with component shortages.

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on July 27, 2017, 01:41:44 AM
these things, on the other hand...emulators in cheap plastic shells. they definitely have the resources to pump these babies out ad infinitum

maybe, but they still have a NAND chip in them though; a smaller NAND chip (probs 512 MB) but a NAND chip nonetheless. it's likely there will be a bottleneck for them too tbh.

regardless, if they're having manufacturing limitations that's one thing and it's understandable. what's annoying and completely avoidable is how they aren't being transparent at all about pre-orders, the number of units to expect, whether they will be limited to being manufactured for like 6-9 months the NES classic was, etc. if they would just fucking tell us what to expect up front, i wouldn't be as pissed that i'm never going to get one of these.

TooB

Well, that's my problem too. Sure, they say they're gonna make more snes classics than nes, but, what does that mean?

100,000 units for nes, and 100,100 for snes?

TooB

So, Nintendo promises, (lol) that the snes classic will be available for pre-order in late August at "various retailers" and that "a significant amount of units will be provided at launch."

I'm still not holding my breath.

C.Mongler

hope this means 'various retailers' can confirm presale date/time windows here soon and that it doesn't just drop at 2 AM on Amazon one random Wednesday morning

i still just hope my euro pre order gets fulfilled honestly lel

YPrrrr

As long as they release copies at stores without a pre-order necessary I'm pretty sure I can get one if I go early on release day

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on July 26, 2017, 08:18:25 PM
Ordering from Wal-Mart is basically a crapshoot for limited video game consoles. I remember ordering one of the 99 $ 3ds systems last holiday and they canceled that on me. They suckkkk

i was unbelievably fortunate to get one of these when it was available for no more than five minutes on the very last day they were being offered, and that was after i'd had a previous order cancelled

in my case it was a christmas present for my sister, ad she still hasn't actually used it SocksDood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on August 01, 2017, 10:55:53 AM
As long as they release copies at stores without a pre-order necessary I'm pretty sure I can get one if I go early on release day

that's my plan too, should preorders fall through

although i too would really like an eu model but those are probably nigh impossible to secure at a reasonable price by now lol

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on July 25, 2017, 05:13:56 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on July 25, 2017, 01:00:04 AM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on July 23, 2017, 11:12:48 AM
Quote from: ƕɾο on July 22, 2017, 11:09:01 PM
blegh
probably will do that if the price is right

How much would u pay
like maaybe $100 lol
youd only get that price for something retail. Online you probably won't see that price. Pre-orders started at $250 online lol.
uh yeah i'm trying to get one from play asia or something like that, not fuckin ebay i'm not an idiot

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 25, 2017, 06:05:03 PM
hiro i will sell you my euro snes classic for paid price + ships but ONLYYYY (!!!) under the conditions that 1) it actually fucking ships to me in the first place and doesn't get cancelled lol and 2) i can secure a US version for myself

both of those are entirely unlikely tho so best of luck to the both of us
broo fingers crossed

Kalahari Inkantation

bluaki

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 21, 2017, 10:25:20 PM
let's see how long it takes to get cancelled lol

there was some sort of announcement a couple weeks ago saying that "late August" is when preorders should open up for the SNES mini in US, so I think it's probably real this time

TooB

well, that lasted long i guess.....

Go Up