April 17, 2024, 05:52:24 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

SNES Classic Edition

Started by YPrrrr, June 26, 2017, 09:22:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

blegh
probably will do that if the price is right

strongbad

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 22, 2017, 11:09:01 PM
blegh
probably will do that if the price is right

How much would u pay

TooB

Hope you're willing to spend at least $300

YPrrrr

Wouldn't you have to get a plug adapter just to use the UK version

bluaki

July 23, 2017, 09:38:46 PM #49 Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:43:23 PM by bluaki
Quote from: YPargh on July 23, 2017, 06:19:28 PM
Wouldn't you have to get a plug adapter just to use the UK version
It's just a regular USB AC adapter. You can just use another one.

Europe definitely has a better design for the SNES than America does, and it seems they're even using 60fps NTSC games for both.

I'd say it's the better version if you can actually get it. I'd rather have a European one, but I'll settle for the US one unless it's so plentiful that I can easily import it for MSRP.

YPrrrr

Damn the pound used to be worth about double the dollar's value

Sucks

Hiro

TooB

C.Mongler

hiro i will sell you my euro snes classic for paid price + ships but ONLYYYY (!!!) under the conditions that 1) it actually fucking ships to me in the first place and doesn't get cancelled lol and 2) i can secure a US version for myself

both of those are entirely unlikely tho so best of luck to the both of us

TooB

It's shit like this that reaaally makes me wanna stop supporting Nintendo

TooB

July 26, 2017, 03:17:47 PM #55 Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:21:04 PM by Big Goop
Quote from: Snowy on July 26, 2017, 02:55:48 PM
i mean they're limited run items, not everyone is gonna be able to get one. by no means am I defending them, I think it's beyond retarded that they aren't trying to capitalize on the NES and SNES mini/classics. They're actual gold mines.
I get that, but they're doin exactly the same thing with the switch. It's their general business practices as of late that bugs me.

C.Mongler

...but the switch isn't a limited run item. they're producing them at max capacity, it's just that that capacity isn't enough to meet demand. because everything we fucking look at these days has NAND storage, a cpu, a screen, etc. we're currently in the middle of a global computer component shortage. if you want to blame anyone for the rarity of the switch, blame apple.

also the switch isnt nearly as hard to find as the NES classic ever was. i've easily had the chance to buy 5 or 6 switches by now, you just have to be paying some level of attention to CAG and Wario64 n brickseek n shit, they pop up and are on sale for 10-30 minutes usually once or twice a week.

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 26, 2017, 04:01:44 PM
...but the switch isn't a limited run item. they're producing them at max capacity, it's just that that capacity isn't enough to meet demand. because everything we fucking look at these days has NAND storage, a cpu, a screen, etc. we're currently in the middle of a global computer component shortage. if you want to blame anyone for the rarity of the switch, blame apple.

also the switch isnt nearly as hard to find as the NES classic ever was. i've easily had the chance to buy 5 or 6 switches by now, you just have to be paying some level of attention to CAG and Wario64 n brickseek n shit, they pop up and are on sale for 10-30 minutes usually once or twice a week.
I know the switch isn't a limited item, but it sure feels like it sometimes. Point being, it shouldn't still be nearly impossible to find at this point (tho I know it is easier than launch time)

I somehow doubt Nintendo is ACTUALLY producing at max capacity. They may say they are....

bluaki

Walmart cancelled every single pre-order of the SNES Classic

apparently making it available at all was an error

TooB

They done fucked up.

Merely a preview of coming attractions

Go Up