April 18, 2024, 12:26:40 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

SNES Classic Edition

Started by YPrrrr, June 26, 2017, 09:22:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

super metroid yassssss bitch

C.Mongler

Quote from: Big Goop on June 26, 2017, 10:23:00 AM
Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on June 26, 2017, 10:19:55 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on June 26, 2017, 09:56:29 AM
licensing music is spensy
I don't know how they did it in the 90s, but now typically the licenses for composed music for a game are all owned by the developer rather than the composer. If that was the case then, I doubt music costs were the reason.
I think the real problem, specifically with EB, is that many of the songs were pretty much copies of existing songs.
yeah the game samples/uses several beatles songs for example lol; i can't remember if they were just flat out removed in later releases though cuz my game glitched and the check to get past onett never fired so it killed the last run of earthbound i tried lol

Quote from: Big Goop on June 26, 2017, 10:11:46 AM
truth

Boy, I can't WAIT to have to tell every customer AGAIN that we don't have any of these for the next 6-12 months starting in September

luckily for you nintendo seems like they might not be producing the damn things past the end of the year lmfao rip

Samus Aran

I don't know how they did it in the 90s, but now typically the licenses for composed music for a game are all owned by the developer rather than the composer. If that was the case then, I doubt music costs were the reason.
I think the real problem, specifically with EB, is that many of the songs were pretty much copies of existing songs.

I'm not sure what songs you're specifically referring to, tho I suspect the "Johnny B. Goode" battle theme and Tessie's theme sounding kind of like "Strawberry Fields Forever" and other such parodies, and those wouldn't be the issue. Those would easily fall under parody clause.

The real issue in music licensing would be the actual literal samples used. Here are the major ones:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oc9Ypcb2Q[/youtube]

However, Nintendo (or more likely NoA localization reps) has gone on record saying that the music had nothing to do with the re-release's long delay. It is Nintendo, though, so we've never gotten a straight answer as to their true reasons.

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 26, 2017, 11:38:17 AM
yeah the game samples/uses several beatles songs for example lol; i can't remember if they were just flat out removed in later releases though cuz my game glitched and the check to get past onett never fired so it killed the last run of earthbound i tried lol

no, everything remains intact in the re-release, which is evidence for Nintendo's assertion that the music had nothing to do with the delay

C.Mongler

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on June 26, 2017, 12:04:56 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on June 26, 2017, 11:38:17 AM

no, everything remains intact in the re-release, which is evidence for Nintendo's assertion that the music had nothing to do with the delay
oh so nintendo is just a bunch of fuckin' dicks then got it!!!! argh;

Samus Aran

TooB

about the music, it's been said before that the music was one of the issues preventing a re-release. Whether or not that is ACTUALLY the case, I haven't ever heard.

I mean, we all know the real reason it never got a re-release until recently anyway. Metroid Syndrome

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on June 26, 2017, 12:45:40 PM
about the music, it's been said before that the music was one of the issues preventing a re-release.

only by fans. it's a popular rumor that persisted for a long time without any actual input from Nintendo supporting it

TooB

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on June 26, 2017, 12:59:52 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on June 26, 2017, 12:45:40 PM
about the music, it's been said before that the music was one of the issues preventing a re-release.

only by fans. it's a popular rumor that persisted for a long time without any actual input from Nintendo supporting it
yeah, i realize that.

C.Mongler

managed to snag a preorder on UK amazon for the hot skittle version. problem is the page explicitly said it wont ship to US, but it accepted my US address regardless. so i dunno, likely it gets canclled but if it doesnt i'm more than fine with having this one lol

still holding out on a US preorder but theyve yet to be seen

Hiro

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 26, 2017, 09:38:53 AM
i hope the controller cord length this time is something fucking reasonable like 6-10 feet and not the like 3 inches the NES ones were lol
they've confirmed it's 2 feet longer than the nes classic's cord
plus it comes with 2 controllers
plus starfox 2

Quote from: Big Goop on June 26, 2017, 09:43:47 AM
I dont think that'll make a difference to scalpers though.
it'll make a difference to people who are looking to buy physical copies of earthbound goonish

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 27, 2017, 02:33:47 PM
managed to snag a preorder on UK amazon for the hot skittle version. problem is the page explicitly said it wont ship to US, but it accepted my US address regardless. so i dunno, likely it gets canclled but if it doesnt i'm more than fine with having this one lol
I actually want the UK version over the US model because the PAL SNES / Super Famicom is way cuter

YPrrrr

I just want the European controllers they look so much better with the rainbow colors versus shades of purple and gray

Hiro

Quote from: YPargh on June 27, 2017, 03:29:53 PM
I just want the European controllers they look so much better with the rainbow colors versus shades of purple and gray
yep, and imo the system itself looks better too

TooB

Go Up