We have expanded to 45 awards. (PLEASE NOMINATE)

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 24, 2017, 11:16:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should we incorporate the following 12 awards into the 32 we already have?

Yes
5 (71.4%)
No
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

July 03, 2017, 05:18:49 PM #60 Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:22:49 PM by Majorana's Mask
so what would you have preferred i do befuddlement

what would you have done

and what part of my post is a fib huhdoodame;

YPrrrr

That it's a compromise when it compromises nothing?

I would have done nothing because it's hiros awards but you can do what you want I'm just pointing out inaccuracies ig

Kalahari Inkantation

July 03, 2017, 07:07:12 PM #62 Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:25:25 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on July 03, 2017, 06:53:18 PM
That it's a compromise when it compromises nothing?

I would have done nothing because it's hiros awards but you can do what you want I'm just pointing out inaccuracies ig

let's start from the beginning

Quote from: ƕɾο on June 24, 2017, 11:34:10 PM
I've wanted to keep the awards slimmed down this year, and feel that 44 especially is needlessly large.

i disagreed, but i recognized that it would be unfair to act alone as hiro is a mod, so i asked boyah in a poll whether they wanted to expand the boyah awards

the sample size was small, but the option in favor expansion was the clear victor

Quote from: YPargh on June 25, 2017, 12:17:46 AM
Idk I would kind of like more categories to vote on yeah

you yourself agreed in wanting more

then i decided against including certain unreasonable awards, and again, you explicitly agreed with this decision

Quote from: YPargh on July 02, 2017, 10:21:55 AM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 01, 2017, 08:14:31 PM
and do you really want awards like

Most Likely to Have Their Pants Pulled Down and Their Bare Bottom Spanked

Shaq-Fu Award for Least Necessary Boyah Revival

Most Likely to Fart Into Their Own Hand and then Smell Their Hand

because after the original 8 winners, those were the most popular ones that i decided against including
No I don't

so it's a clear compromise between giving hiro complete control, and giving boyah complete control

unfortunately compromising can create the illusion of mutual loss, which i think is what has happened here, but yeah, i most certainly did what i could to take all opinions into consideration, including hiro's, my own, yours, and boyah's

and once again, it's not "hiro's awards", it was never meant to be exclusively "hiro's awards", i addressed this extensively in a previous post: http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,69184.msg1550386.html#msg1550386

i'm not seeing how any part of my posts here could be interpreted as a fib

YPrrrr

Tec decides it's not just hiros awards
Tec decides there should be more categories
Tec decides it should be 12 categories
Tec decides which 12 it should be going against previous votes for categories

That's all I see. Just because I'm okay with more categories and ultimately not picking some of the dumber possible awards doesn't mean the people who voted for them are or that Hiro wanted extra "help"

silvertone

as a proud citoyen of the boyah i am ok w/ all of this.

YPrrrr

silvertone

Quote from: YPargh on July 04, 2017, 05:01:54 AM
Quote from: SVT on July 04, 2017, 04:59:08 AM
you're a cuck :|
i mean im ok w/ all the conflict.

hopefully it will lead to a new set of mods who actually can get things Done (me)

YPrrrr

Quote from: SVT on July 04, 2017, 05:04:09 AM
Quote from: YPargh on July 04, 2017, 05:01:54 AM
Quote from: SVT on July 04, 2017, 04:59:08 AM
you're a cuck :|
i mean im ok w/ all the conflict.

hopefully it will lead to a new set of mods who actually can get things Done (me)
Eh I don't want to call it conflict

More like friendly banter over pedanticisms

Kalahari Inkantation

July 04, 2017, 10:38:42 AM #68 Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:48:50 AM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on July 04, 2017, 04:58:53 AM
Tec decides it's not just hiros awards

you keep saying this and i keep having to refute it befuddlement

it's literally not "hiro's awards" lol

i did not spontaneously or arbitrarily decide to limit hiro

i established a boundary here well before the awards had even started

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,68949.msg1545266.html#msg1545266

emphasis on the last sentence and its parenthetical statement

also it's called the boyah awards

Tec decides there should be more categories

yes, i did

Tec decides it should be 12 categories

yes, i did

Tec decides which 12 it should be going against previous votes for categories

yes, i did

and i explained my reasoning every step of the way, put it up to a vote that passed, and i requested user input all the while (source: this entire thread)

i suppose if you really wanted to, you could make another poll with a question like 'do you specifically agree with tec's decision to expand the awards by the following 12 categories to 44 from 32', but i'm certainly not going to be the one making that poll lol girl;

YPrrrr

Well yeah exactly you established a boundary after Hiro already volunteered to do the whole thing and he says wtf is this because we had basically agreed to let him do the whole thing but then you throw up a volunteer sheet but don't even put his name on it lol

Well Yeah I'm not running a poll because that would take forever because no one cares and also this is hiros thing

Kalahari Inkantation

July 04, 2017, 03:37:24 PM #70 Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:47:55 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on July 04, 2017, 02:42:48 PM
Well yeah exactly you established a boundary after Hiro already volunteered to do the whole thing

Nobody would have approved of it otherwise. In fact nobody even took Hiro's proposal seriously until I'd made 3 separate threads about it and then begged JMV to make this board. akudood;

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,68800.0.html

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,68891.0.html

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,68949.0.html

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 07, 2017, 08:31:04 PM
awards board w/ hiro as local mod y/n

literally who cares what happens, he's the only one who's expressed any interest in doing the awards so we have absolutely nothing to lose lol

Quote from: YPargh on July 04, 2017, 02:42:48 PM
this is hiros thing

boyah's thing :|

YPrrrr

0 people opposed the idea. The worst opinion was "Hiro will never finish lol but who cares it's not like anyone else wants to do it"

The only obstacle to getting started was getting jmv to make a board where Hiro could do mod shit.

Hiro and Tecs thing that used to be Hiros thing

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on July 05, 2017, 09:58:44 AM
0 people opposed the idea.

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,68891.msg1543305.html#msg1543305

and i of course needed jmv's specific permission for this since he has admin privilege akudood;

The worst opinion was "Hiro will never finish lol but who cares it's not like anyone else wants to do it"

and let the record state that this was not my opinion girl;

boyah's thing that was never intended to be exclusively "hiro's thing" and isn't now "hiro and tec's thing" either

it's clear now that we're only debating for the sake of debating, and if that's what you want, i have some fun lobby topics to bump giggle;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 05, 2017, 12:36:30 PM
0 people opposed the idea.

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,68891.msg1543305.html#msg1543305

and i of course needed jmv's specific permission for this since he has admin privilege akudood;

The worst opinion was "Hiro will never finish lol but who cares it's not like anyone else wants to do it"

and let the record state that this was not my opinion girl;

boyah's thing that was never intended to be exclusively "hiro's thing" and isn't now "hiro and tec's thing" either

it's clear now that we're only debating for the sake of debating, and if that's what you want, i have some fun lobby topics to bump giggle;
All jmv said was what I said; he didn't say no. He advised against it. JMV doesn't give a fuck who runs it lol

Nah that'd be awful it's like arguing with the Huffington post

musica.cards

[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Go Up