April 23, 2024, 10:15:28 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Started by Hiro, June 22, 2017, 10:22:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8IguhQqhAg[/youtube]

Really curious to see how this turns out befuddlement
I can see a lot of No Man's Sky comparisons, and while normally having an open development process like this isn't ideal I actually think it this case it's a good thing, because they seem to have so much ambition and things they want for the game that I think having a community to tell them what's working and what's not can help them perhaps scale the game back or at least make a game of this type that doesn't catch people off guard & disappoint them.
While they haven't talked too much about the story it seems to be thought-out and developed based on things Ancel has said, so hopefully there's a strong plot and world-building in this game.
This demo is pretty impressive actually, though I really hope these planets aren't empty because despite what he's said about having interesting and explorable worlds I don't know how they're going to make these giant landscapes more than vast empty deserts & islands. I think this was more to show off that the scale of the game is functioning, so hopefully they show more small-scale stuff like exploring on-foot, combat, photography etc

Go Up