April 16, 2024, 07:59:14 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PUBG ***OFFICIAL***

Started by strongbad, June 17, 2017, 02:34:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

June 17, 2017, 02:34:50 PM Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:00:17 PM by antmaster5000
Is anyone else playing this cool ass game? Still early accessey but polished enough and damn this game does the whole 100 man hunger games thing right

Only have played duals or whatever with my friend and so far the best we've done is like 14th out of 50. I'd love to squad up with some other boyagers

wawi

really want to play it, it looks fun. i just need to upgrade my pc. I've never played on of these battle royale games before, but I loved that movie giggle;

silvertone

i wunna play it but my computer sugs too much, if i fix my ald one i will geet it

strongbad

it feels very "real" in the sense that roguelikes feel real

the map is static and HUGE but items are randomly generated of course there is perma death.

there is an interesting dynamic between where you start, since areas with more buildings have the best items, but then there are the most people opting to jump off the plane and parachute there. meanwhile, you can parachute down in the beginning to a more isolated and safe area but you will likely not find as good of gear for the later game

wawi

Quote from: antmaster5000 on June 17, 2017, 05:38:52 PM
it feels very "real" in the sense that roguelikes feel real

the map is static and HUGE but items are randomly generated of course there is perma death.

there is an interesting dynamic between where you start, since areas with more buildings have the best items, but then there are the most people opting to jump off the plane and parachute there. meanwhile, you can parachute down in the beginning to a more isolated and safe area but you will likely not find as good of gear for the later game

the map is always the same?

strongbad

yeah but it stays interesting since you start the game on an airplane that is heading across the map in a random direction, so people are jumping off anywhere on that trajectory

apparently they have two more maps coming

wawi

C.Mongler

i got too burned out on dayz to ever want to play shit like this ever again is it anything like dayz

strongbad

No idea I didn't play dayz haha but I think it had Zombies? This one is just hunger games. I think it is a lead dev from dayz actually

C.Mongler

strongbad

YPrrrr

Ugh maybe I should look into it I've got some other friends playing this now too

C.Mongler

tbf i didnt want to buy this because i started to hate dayz after a certain point, but my best bud got it and GMG sent out coupz for it if you are subbed to their email updates, so i decided eh fuck it now or never since its the current flavor of the month

hopefully i get some time this weekend to jump in and get my shit wrecked so i can learn the ropes

strongbad

I'm a noob but my bud and his brother are into being pr0 so they are fun to play with since they know why to do. I never played DayZ but I think this game is a huge step up. Once I get internet in my new place I'll hit you up to squad up

C.Mongler

okay yeah i played a few rounds its pretty fun and very tense i shall keep play

Go Up