March 28, 2024, 01:55:33 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

shadow of the colossus ps4

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 17, 2017, 12:25:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

I approve of this
2 (40%)
I disapprove of this
0 (0%)
I am ambivalent about this
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Nyerp

i mean they're not BAD games but when sony lets their more experimental projects fall under the radar and fail due to bad marketing (gravity rush 2) i get a little sick of them awdood;

remember when sony used to make games like parappa the rapper and locoroco? now they just remaster them ad infinitum 

Kalahari Inkantation

while i do lament the gradual extinction of smaller experimental first-parties from sony, and while their treatment of that poor loser kat has been abhorrent, i can't say i'm all that bothered by it tbh

it's not like they've killed off any particularly popular or beloved franchises in favor of the last of us clone #735, and like you said, their cinematic games actually do tend to be p. great anyway

plus there are plenty of other studios who make quirky experimental games, like nintendo, various third-parties also available on playstation, and to a lesser extent, indie pc trash, so i don't think there's any real shortage of the type of game you're looking for lol

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

So has anybody actually played this? befuddlement

i want but i also want to know if it's worth lol

C.Mongler

yeah i played and beat it when it came. its SotC. it's pretty. but it's still SotC lol did you have any specific questions

playing this after the last gaurdian made me realize how much annoying BS this game has in it unfortunately with colossi not responding very well to triggers needed to continue the fight

Samus Aran

yeah it's just a prettier sotc. the soundtrack is "redone" as well but sounds almost exactly the same, most of the time you can barely tell they added anything.

all the same jankiness and glitching is still there. i was actually surprised that they didn't bother trying to fix some of the more egregious ones, like colossus #14's tendency to just de-aggro until you backtrack to the previous platform and restart his cycle

but since it's still sotc obviously it's still a phenomenal game

C.Mongler

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 07, 2018, 06:54:19 PMall the same jankiness and glitching is still there. i was actually surprised that they didn't bother trying to fix some of the more egregious ones, like colossus #14's tendency to just de-aggro until you backtrack to the previous platform and restart his cycle

lol this is the main offender as mentioned in my post jesus i almost threw my controller out the window during that fight

Samus Aran

it's especially frustrating during hard time trials

oh btw tec that's another thing - most of the time trials are easier in this version. the colossi are the same, it's just the time limits are a bit more forgiving

Samus Aran

three other minor differences:

the game is easier to platinum than the ps3 version, because there aren't trophies for finding literally every lizard and every fruit. just maxing stamina/health, which only requires a handful of lizards and fruit per playthrough

they added these lame coin collectibles that are only for the most masochistic of collectible hunters because they're all extremely difficult to find and the reward you get (some sword) isn't even as good as the queen's sword you get from hard time trials

they added a lame lil secret room in the forest to the northeast of the shrine of worship (the one you go through to reach colossus #13 most directly) that's got a little reference to the last guardian in it

Go Up