March 28, 2024, 09:26:20 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

shadow of the colossus ps4

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 17, 2017, 12:25:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

I approve of this
2 (40%)
I disapprove of this
0 (0%)
I am ambivalent about this
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 17, 2017, 08:09:38 AMvast empty boring wasteland

i have several bones to pick with this opinion akudood;

shadow of the colossus isn't zelda

really, the only things i'd change (aside from grfx/performance enhancements and a few quality-of-life adjustments/ui fixes) would be to add more colossi, and perhaps more land area to accommodate them

TooB

Some story additions or expansions would be welcome for me

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on August 05, 2017, 03:40:08 PM
Some story additions or expansions would be welcome for me

and yet i would not want the minimalistic plot to be modified or expanded at all lol

i'd rather that be saved for a proper sequel, if at all

TooB

ME##

on one hand i approve

but on the other i just feel like the ps2 version was the peak of this game and it makes me sad that the flop guardian exists

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on August 05, 2017, 04:39:13 PM
Oh....

:(

i mean, you don't have to agree with me lol

i can see why you'd want a more elaborate plot

to an extent, i want one too

but 1. i'd rather have significant new information saved for the sequel i so desperately want, and 2. i like sotc's minimalism

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on August 05, 2017, 04:42:04 PM
on one hand i approve

but on the other i just feel like the ps2 version was the peak of this game and it makes me sad that the flop guardian exists

the last guardian was at its best as gorgeous vaporware that we all could have imagined would have been perfect if only it would ever launch

...but then it came out and it was much less than perfect and lol :'(

TooB

I want a shadow 2 where you play as Mono to make Wander not horny child.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 05, 2017, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on June 17, 2017, 08:09:38 AMvast empty boring wasteland

i have several bones to pick with this opinion akudood;

oh i missed this, i'll bite, tho it seems like you only have a singular bone to pick with it

shadow of the colossus isn't zelda

yeah? is this a counter-point, because it kind of seems like it's in agreement with my point; otherwise i don't know what you're getting at and you'll have to elaborate more. it isn't zelda and that's exactly why i think making the game larger only opens your eyes to the fact that you aren't doing anything. you literally 1) wander for the majority of the time and 2) fight colossi with the other portion. that's it. like take botw for example, the main complaint that's spawned from that is the world is too big and there's nothing to do, which is fair, but there's objectively more to dick around with and do in that game than there ever will be in sotc. i think SotC is paced perfectly the way it is now because there's practically no room left in the world without making it bigger to add new colossi, which means you are adding more and more of just wandering around a desolate wasteland, occasionally looking at trees, crumpled pillars, and tiny lizards. there's not really a great sense of exploration or wonder to excite you; the only thing that sparks that is the colossi.

really, the only things i'd change (aside from grfx/performance enhancements and a few quality-of-life adjustments/ui fixes) would be to add more colossi, and perhaps more land area to accommodate them

you would have to because the map is practically entirely used

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hiro

I on the other hand loved just wandering around the majority of the time, and did get a great sense of exploration, moreso than any other game I've played. It's because the landscape is beautiful and memorable, and there are plenty of things to see that offer no gameplay element but add to the sense of a desolate, long forgotten land.

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

That's kinda the gist I got from it.

It's like the Crash N Sane trilogy, but for Shadow

Nyerp

the new medievil game will be the same

sony, please just make a new game that doesn't look like this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on December 17, 2017, 12:40:45 PM
the new medievil game will be the same

sony, please just make a new game that doesn't look like this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

lol

well with the huge success of horizon and god of war, i can't imagine sony is going to turn away from games that look like this any time soon

Go Up