April 23, 2024, 04:34:55 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintnedo Switch Online Lounge

Started by Hiro, June 16, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

wawi

C.Mongler

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/07/early-tests-show-bizarre-issues-with-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-app/

can we discuss how fucking bad this is? jfc nintendo hopefully i get bored of splatoon before the year ends so i dont have to reward them for this garbage to the tune of 20 dollars a year because it's just as bad as everyone anticipated, if not somehow even worse lol

Hiro

yeah if it ends up being this shitty i'm not paying for online, i hardly if ever play games online anyway

TooB

Hell, if It stays this shitty, maybe they'll just end up making it free

C.Mongler

its nintendo, if anything they'll probably start charging more lol

allegedly their system engineers stared in confusion when an outside contractor started coaxing them with "ideas similar to XBL/PSN"; they literally have never touched either service and therefore have zero point of reference as to how a decent online system should function. which jfc if true lol

i love how nintendo seriously marketed splatoon as a SRS ESPORT but they cant be damned to build the backend infrastructure to support such a thing lol, no one in their right mind would want to/be able to go pro with a system like this lol

Hiro

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 21, 2017, 05:29:57 AM
allegedly their system engineers stared in confusion when an outside contractor started coaxing them with "ideas similar to XBL/PSN"; they literally have never touched either service and therefore have zero point of reference as to how a decent online system should function. which jfc if true lol
i heard that before too, but I have a hard time believing that's true, since there are still at least some similarities. i'm sure most of them are normal people and some probably have a ps4 of their own. still, i can also see if they just don't use the services that much or have not really examined them for ideas at all, since nintendo always wants to make their own unique thing
really the main issues with this boil down to a lack of a headset port in the joy-cons. I hope they'll release a joycon attachment (like a wrist-strap grip) with that port added, if that's even possible. hell, even without that i don't know why they can't just allow for bluetooth headsets. that's what ps4/xbone players use for online nowadays, right?

strongbad

Yeah I don't think ninty is as oblivious as you guys like to claim. They make a lota money

YPrrrr

They are completely oblivious when it comes to online

silvertone

they woke on not sharing shid on facebook

Go Up