April 24, 2024, 11:32:02 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

potd: ios or android

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 15, 2017, 10:17:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Which is the operating system of your primary mobile device?

Android
9 (69.2%)
iOS
4 (30.8%)
Other (elaborate)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

June 15, 2017, 10:17:44 PM Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 10:38:02 PM by Majorana's Mask
in my case, android

or as any long-term android user much prefers to call it, lagdroid

and as much as lagdroid may annoy me, i don't foresee myself abandoning it anytime soon

Joice

i've had both and i like both. though right now i just got an iphone 7 since i had to upgrade from an iphone 5c that i've had for over 3 years and i really like the simplicity of ios. i do miss using my old droid razr though. i liked being able to customize my UI into cute stuff

Kalahari Inkantation

June 15, 2017, 10:30:19 PM #2 Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 10:33:40 PM by Majorana's Mask
Do you have any desire to ever give Android another try? befuddlement

Kalahari Inkantation

Joice

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 15, 2017, 10:30:19 PM
Do you have any desire to ever give Android another try? befuddlement

yes. i would have bought an android here in japan but the interface on most of the japanese brand phones are really weird. the only american android phone they had was the galaxy s7 edge, which i didn't want. my husband had the edge+ in guam and he didn't like it.

Hiro

I really like Android and can't see myself switching to iOS because I'm way too into the personalizing aspect and yadda yadda, but recent changes they've made to Android are questionable
like the new fucking emoji in O, jfc google

YPrrrr

Android 4 lyfe Apple is a bunch of bullshit and only wants you to use what they say you can use. Fuck dat

Daddy

Android

though i constantly have really annoying bugs and crashes and lag lmao

iOS actually has a far superior user experience

but far fewer choices to get some shit i want done

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Khadafi on June 16, 2017, 07:04:07 AM
Android

everything about this post is true

Daddy

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 16, 2017, 07:04:59 AM
Quote from: Khadafi on June 16, 2017, 07:04:07 AM
Android

everything about this post is true
like i have a 64 gig SD card + 16gb internal storage (cuz i figured the SD card obviated the need for large internal storage).

6.39GB of internal is used by OS. that's normal ok
9.03/9.61 GB is used in internal

try to view what is uing it and it takes 300000000 hours to actually calculate that

when it does

5.56GB in Apps 1.96GB in Cached data

That's 7.52GB. WHERES THE OTHER FUCKING 1.51GB. it gets annoying cuz everything defaults to internal storage and then i cant install apps lmao

i move some stuff to SD but it doesnt seem to be enough

Thyme

i have android, i much prefer iOS

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

i have an iphone 6. it's fine i guess, might switch to android for my next phone but probably wont cuz switching ecosystems sounds like a hassle. but currently have basically no issues with my current phone so probably at least another year before i upgrade tbh

bluaki

June 16, 2017, 11:59:33 AM #14 Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:03:34 PM by bluaki
I use Android. I don't think iOS can do everything I want to use my phone for, so I won't ever consider it.

If I ended up with a free iOS device for some reason, I might use it as a secondary/tertiary device and a toy, basically just for playing exclusive games I guess. I wouldn't treat it like a phone even as a fallback; if I lost/broke my main phone I'd rather deal with my previous Android phone or even my $40 Android shitphone than try to make iOS fit my needs.

I've been just using Nexus/Pixel phones and I'll probably stick with them, but I like Sony devices too.

Quote from: ƕɾο on June 15, 2017, 10:59:09 PM
recent changes they've made to Android are questionable
like the new fucking emoji in O, jfc google

I agree, these new emoji are atrocious awdood;

Go Up