April 24, 2024, 12:08:28 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

list of game companies you currently trust

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 14, 2017, 04:14:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on June 14, 2017, 04:46:42 PM
Maybe HAL Laboratory? Kirby and Smash Bros games are consistently good.

this is a good one, hal probably is one of the most trustworthy relevant devs out there

hal doesn't always produce ground-breaking games, but their average is generally v. good, and they certainly haven't ever struck me as a disingenuous or outright dishonest/manipulative company the way nintendo is

Kalahari Inkantation

June 26, 2017, 11:08:15 PM #31 Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:42:47 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: ƕɾο on June 14, 2017, 06:01:09 PM
I trust Rockstar, though not so much for online (I don't particularly care about online anyway)

after the way they've handled gta v and reconfigured it to be nothing more than an efficient tool for extracting payment from the lowest common denominator of """gamer""", i will have an extremely difficult time trusting rockst*r in the future

honestly, i have low expectations for rdr2 and the future of gta

we never even got any singleplayer dlc because online extortion proved to be more profitable for them

they went out of their way to make gta online as much of a tedious grindfest as possible such that it was nearly impossible to have fun without cheating or buying an unironically-named shark card

...and then there's the fact that you can't even steal cars online, in a gta game, because all of a sudden you're expected to be a lawful citizen and pay for them, preferably with real money goonish

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 14, 2017, 08:18:58 PM
none? i trust valve as a game developer

i lol'd

valve isn't even a game dev anymore

any game-developing talent they might have had would have left long ago after realizing that gabe no longer has any serious interest in making games so long as steam remains hugely profitable

dota 2 was the last game internally developed by valve, and that was in 2013

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 26, 2017, 10:56:15 PM
Quote from: YPargh on June 14, 2017, 04:26:59 PM
I still trust bioware. And naughty dog. And Riot games. Maybe Namco???

That's about it.

I least trust capcom, dirty money grubbing sons of bitches.

why bioware of all companies befuddlement

and even my faith in naughty dog has been tested before

their core single-player experiences tend to be stellar, but they have a habit of polluting the online modes of their recent games with completely unnecessary complexity and pay-to-win slop

also i'm still pretty disappointed about how utterly redundant the last of us' single-player dlc was

capcom has become truly terrible, i agree
what has bioware done to shake my trust? Not much. They have a consistent product. DA2 was pretty meh especially compared to DA Origins but otherwise I'm pretty pleased  

Idk none of those complaints about naughty dog really affected me. I thought people like the Last of Us DLC? Last of Us is great, Uncharted games are great, Crash is good, supposedly the Jak games are decent. What's not to like? They're making UC4 DLC this whole big production but they're not charging extra to people that got the deluxe edition or season pass or whatever for much cheaper than what the final cost will be. I'd say the only thing they really messed up on was not including multiplayer in the ps4 UC collection

Kalahari Inkantation

my few, largely insignificant complaints about naughty dog are limited to the 7th and 8th gen, mostly

uncharted 3's online was excessively call-of-dutyish, and the last of us had fantastic multiplayer until they introduced pay-for-an-unfair-advantage elements

as for the last of us' dlc: it's good, but i think it represents a massive missed opportunity

bluaki

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 15, 2017, 08:11:38 PM
sometimes (often) people like the idea of something more than they would realistically like the actual something
Like Metroid Prime 4, Mother 3 (eng), and a new F-Zero game?

There's a huge amount of demand for these games across the web, but I feel like if/whenever they actually release the sales numbers won't be that great.

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on June 27, 2017, 12:48:58 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 15, 2017, 08:11:38 PM
sometimes (often) people like the idea of something more than they would realistically like the actual something
Like Metroid Prime 4, Mother 3 (eng), and a new F-Zero game?

There's a huge amount of demand for these games across the web, but I feel like if/whenever they actually release the sales numbers won't be that great.
they would be if they didn't f up like with star fox

YPrrrr

TooB

Quote from: YPargh on June 27, 2017, 01:26:55 PM
I liked Star Fox Assault  >.<
so did i, but that was namco.

I meant Wii U star fox

Thyme

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 26, 2017, 11:08:15 PM
...and then there's the fact that you can't even steal cars online, in a [grand theft auto] game, because all of a sudden you're expected to be a lawful citizen and pay for them, preferably with real money goonish

lmao wtf i didn't know about that

bold added and acronym de-acronymed for emphasis

Kalahari Inkantation

ridiculous, isn't it

anybody who would willingly fork over actual cash on gta online when its business model is so clearly designed to exploit and extort either has no respect for themselves, or is a moron, or both

and what do you know, millions of braindead """gamers""" happily buy shark cards and pay full price for gta v to this day, and thank rockst*r for the opportunity to be exploited

so i'm left to conclude that the average """gamer""" either has no respect for themselves, or is a moron, or both

Go Up