March 28, 2024, 05:55:28 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

super mario odyssey

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 13, 2017, 10:19:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

they're both kind of similar in design goals too which is kind of weird (large, open sandboxes with near infinite ways to reach your objective); mario just does so much more. bosses are way more memorable, the world is way more memorable, the music is FUCKING AWESOME (a lot of botw's score was really subtle IMO), and it's constantly satisfying you, whereas zelda it can be minutes/hours between finding a shrine, and even then some shrines are just plain a pain in the ass/not fun; i haven't had a single moon find so far that i was like MAN I HATED THAT COMPLETELY

YPrrrr

Yeah the only moons I really don't care for so far are the ones that just get put out in the open with nothing special needing to be done. Those are not the norm though

Samus Aran

The only shitty moons are the "Taxi/Sphynx Traveling Through the ____ Kingdom!" ones. Because the first time Talkatoo tells you about one of these, you will have no idea how to find it. I had to look it up lol. There seems to be one in every kingdom tho so once you've found one you know how to get the rest

Thyme

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

Anyway, I 100%'d this game today.

999 Power Moons, which is the max amount, including the 880 acquired normally through every kingdom, and the extra 119 that you have to buy in Crazy Cap stores.

Every souvenir, song, and capture. I was stumped on my last two captures until I found out you can capture fire and poison Piranha Plants.

Every outfit, including the above skeleton suit that costs 9999 coins. Luckily I found a decent grinding spot for coins.

And just for kicks, I also beat the extra hard version of Bowser that unlocks at 880 moons.

Nyerp

first moon i had to look up: the hidden section of that chain chomp challenge room

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on November 19, 2017, 01:31:49 PM
first moon i had to look up: the hidden section of that chain chomp challenge room

there's a handful i had to. and that was actually one of them lol

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Nyerp on November 19, 2017, 01:31:49 PM

that room was bullshit

i made it to the far side of every room just hoping to find something cool but naw the real solution was just "the camera didn't pan enough"
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Kalahari Inkantation

it looks like the overwhelming consensus is that this is the new best mario game

but is it alone worth buying a switch for y/n

TooB

Thyme

the answer to that question, no matter the game or the console, is always no baddood;

TooB

December 09, 2017, 08:43:39 PM #87 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:40:42 PM by Big Goop
yes...?

Nyerp

i bought a switch for mario and now it's just kind of sitting there until kirby, metroid, bayonetta, etc. come out

Samus Aran

I mean I bought my Switch mostly just for Mario and Ive never regretted that purchase. But I know there will be other stuff I want on it too. If Mario had come out a lot earlier I would have been more hesitant.

Go Up